Aid against empire

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Cold73
Highborn

Aid against empire

Post by Cold73 »

For an up coming battle against Empire I need some advice.

He will be using a Steam Tank

What can I expect from this. Porbably impact hits if he charges me, but what if I charge him? Is a Steam Tank easy to get rid of with a pit of Shades?

Furthermore he will use 6 Demi Gryph knights.
What is my best bet against those high toughness 1+ AS monsters? I would be tempted to go for Executioners, but a horde of executioners would leave me vulnerable to all his war machines and shooting.

Can anyone give me some advice please?
Norse_malekith
Warrior

Post by Norse_malekith »

Played one yesterday, actually :-)

I used a peggy master with soulrender and pendant. Charged in round 4, and tied him up for the rest of the game. Be careful not to charge too early, then his other troops will counter charge and break you. But if you use the stubborn, unkillable dredlord (crown+pendant), you should be fine.

Shadow or death magic are other viable options.

Good luck, hate the stank....
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

okay, to be honest, i always run a dreadlord with executioners axe so both don't give me that much problems, but the biggest problem would be the steamtank in my opinion, its tougness makes it quite the foe, as well as its save, and now it has i 3. it has a lot of damage potential so your best bet is either stay out of its way, or hit it hard. The signature of lore of metal will still make short work of it though.

if you are hitting it hard, i suggest either a horde of executioners or cold one knights. but i'd advise against taking it in combat. single shot bolthrowers will now do a good job, wounding on 4's d3 wounds.as soon as he's down 4 wounds, he will have a 2 in three chance if 'misfireing' so don't see it as having to remove all wounds.

the griffon knighs arn't verry strong, the griphons are. They are not high tougness though, as with our knights, the tougness of the mount is never used so their only tougness 3. and de griphons don't have supporting attacks. again lore of metal works well, otherwise, executioners or cold one knights., or a unkillable lord if you want to be cheap
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

It is now down to T6 instead of T10, so it dies much easier now. Executioners, espeically with the Banner of Murder, smash it with ease. An Executioner's Axe Lord will open it up like a tin can. Our old standby - Mindrazor'd Witches/Corsairs - will deal with it easily as well.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Yeah, at T6 it's much less of a threat. Execs will total it, as will a combat character equipped with the right weapons. Even CoKs will do it some decent damage on the charge. If you want to whittle it down from afar, consider taking a couple of Reapers, although the odds may be a little stacked against you still (2 shots, hitting on 4s at long range = 1 hit, wounding on 4s = 0.5 wounds), but you could get lucky...
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman