Ring of Hotek - its been a while.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

The warchief
Cold One Knight

Ring of Hotek - its been a while.

Post by The warchief »

Sorry, this is probably a really obvious question but its been ages since I've use the Ring of Hotek....In fact I'm not sure I've used it at all in 8th Ed!

If my opponent roles a double whilst inside the 12" bubble they have to roll on the miscast table whether the spell succeeds or fails? (I assume so as the FAQ wording says attempts to cast)

Assuming the spell succeeds do I still get the opportunity to dispel it by rolling dispel dice as normal?

If I fail to dispel the spell - at what point does the miscast roll take place? Is in in the normal order - ie resolve spell and lore attribute effect and then roll on miscast table?[/i]
@the_warchief
Cheltenham Warchiefs
Burizan
Beastmaster

Post by Burizan »

Spot on :]

I've used it a couple more times recently, and managed to cause 2 accidental miscasts on my own lv.4. I also managed to wipe half my knight unit, as my opponent triggered a miscast for the sake of a s10 template...

It's powerful if you get it to the right place!
The warchief
Cold One Knight

Post by The warchief »

Cheers. Its for a hard comp tournament where magic has taken a hit - so the list I am writing is going minimal magic. Dreadlord on dragon instead - Ring will go in the Cold One Bus with the aim to get across the board as quick as possible!!

I suppose you can't legislate for a big bang miscast while in combat with a mage - just hope it doesn't happen too often to me!

What magic I do have is mounted on Dark Steeds so should be able to stay more than 12" away...!! I don't think I'd run it in a list with a LV 4...
@the_warchief
Cheltenham Warchiefs