Dagger of Hotek combined with Beastmaster's Scourge

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Liquidedust
Highborn

Dagger of Hotek combined with Beastmaster's Scourge

Post by Liquidedust »

Trying to wrap my head around this proper.

Can you or can you not combine Dagger of Hotek with a beastmaster's Scourge for.

Additional Attack (obviously only once)
Armour Piercing
Always Strike First

Since they changed how Beastmaster's Scourge was reclassified I am leaning towards no (and makes the scourge points wasted unless your opponent has items that negate magic items).

However I am doubting myself and my own reasoning to a certain degree.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

They do not combine at all. Check the "I'm Using This One" rule at the beginning of the magic items section of the main rule book.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Liquidedust
Highborn

Post by Liquidedust »

Dyvim Tvar wrote:They do not combine at all. Check the "I'm Using This One" rule at the beginning of the magic items section of the main rule book.

Aware of that rule, but prior to the reclassification of the Scourge it was a mundane weapon that counted as a hand weapon in addition to its other rules. And these days it is just a special weapon that uses one hand, still it is probably what my gut feeling told me and they aren't possible to combine anymore.
Liquidedust
Highborn

Post by Liquidedust »

flash29 wrote:no it was never a mundane hand weapon, only mundane hand weapons are mundane hand weapons all other weapons are mundane ... mundane scourge mundane ADD hand weapon so on and so on

the old beastmaster scourge counted as a add hand weapon not a regular one.
only a mundane hand weapon is a mundane hand weapon and you always get it for free

All weapons that are not magical are mundane per the rules though. And the scourge was a mundane weapon in the past, well still is, and counted as an additional hand weapon then which made it a mundane hand weapon. But as people has pointed out it no longer counts as a hand weapon just a mundane weapon.

Edit: Odd where did flash29's post I replied to go . . .
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

liquidedust wrote:Edit: Odd where did flash29's post I replied to go . . .

He probably deleted it. You can delete your own post as long as it is the last post in a thread.
Truly These are the End Times ...