Harpy formation?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

van Awful
Highborn

Harpy formation?

Post by van Awful »

Maybe a bit of silly question, but i just ordered some AoW harpies. I'm planning on making some sort of movementtray base thingy. As harpies have a formation like skirmishers i was wondering in what formation people use em and why?
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

I usually go with them 5 wide. That way I can charge into chaff and kill it or screen my soft troops from shooting with the harpies.

Most of the times I block units, I just switch it so that one is in front and the rest is as a column. Or just have them as a row.... depends on the situations I'm in.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I usually keep enough room for a second rank. I sometimes try to squeeze them in tight spots or focus their attacks on a single model. So 5 wide and 3 wide both need to be possible for me.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

What's the tactical use?
- warmachine hunter => any formation will work, 6 will fight anyway.
- screen? 1 single rank.
- wiz suicide hunter? 2 ranks, 3 columns.
- Enemy mov control? Probably 1 single rank or column.
- deployment slot? 1 single column
Overall, I'd think that tactically, they would be best in 1 single rank or column. If ever needed in 2, then one would not bother for two odd models sometimes behind to make a specific tray.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}