The Frozen City?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Darktalon
Warrior

The Frozen City?

Post by Darktalon »

Is the Frozen City a Dark Elf city or something else? I was thinking of where my army could come from and it has a unique bluish ice looking tinge to their skin and after looking at the map in the new army book there's a city called the Frozen City far to the north and was wondering whether a Garrison could be there?
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Re: The Frozen City?

Post by Dalamar »

It lies beyond the watchtowers, meaning it lies in the Chaos Wastes.

That makes it *definitely* not a dark elf city (Dark Elves only have the six cities)

But I don't see a reason why you can't somehow connect your army to that place.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Murphy'sLawyer
Trainee Warrior

Post by Murphy'sLawyer »

Darktalon wrote:Is the Frozen City a Dark Elf city or something else? I was thinking of where my army could come from and it has a unique bluish ice looking tinge to their skin and after looking at the map in the new army book there's a city called the Frozen City far to the north and was wondering whether a Garrison could be there?

I could be getting my stories wrong but if it the city I am thinking of it is a very very ancient city that predates the Old Ones and is where the Iron Crown came from. Chaos twisted place that changes all the time to drive anyone who enters mad and is inhabited by demons.

No living soul lives there, at least they will only live till it gets dark.
Darktalon
Warrior

Post by Darktalon »

Oooh is that the city Malekith ventured into.
Murphy'sLawyer
Trainee Warrior

Post by Murphy'sLawyer »

Darktalon wrote:Oooh is that the city Malekith ventured into.

If it is the one I am thinking of, Yes.
Darktalon
Warrior

Post by Darktalon »

I guess I could just say they are a watch tower garrison and that being so close to the chaos wastes has altered their skin tone or something.
Murphy'sLawyer
Trainee Warrior

Post by Murphy'sLawyer »

Darktalon wrote:I guess I could just say they are a watch tower garrison and that being so close to the chaos wastes has altered their skin tone or something.

This is the Dark Elves we are talking about here were the Masters of their race regularly throw demon bond curses upon its own people to ensure their loyalty. Being close to the Chaos Realms is bad enough but being cursed outright is a burden for many DE.
Darktalon
Warrior

Post by Darktalon »

What do you mean, that it wouldn't happen? I inherited the scheme from a friend and was going to continue it but I'm a sucker for lore and I was looking for a reason to explain it.
Murphy'sLawyer
Trainee Warrior

Post by Murphy'sLawyer »

Darktalon wrote:What do you mean, that it wouldn't happen? I inherited the scheme from a friend and was going to continue it but I'm a sucker for lore and I was looking for a reason to explain it.

LOL.... No they can be effected by chaos. I was saying that it is easy to explain it but saying it was a Curse thrown on a Watch Tower guard who's loyalties were in question is an easy enough response. The Watch Towers are far from the throne and unwatched minds can conspire.

Their hearts could have been frozen by Malekith and to keep themselves from freezing completely they must constainly prove their loyaty to Malekith or forever become a frozen statue of eternal torment.

Something like that.
Murphy'sLawyer
Trainee Warrior

Post by Murphy'sLawyer »

Heck, if that were my army I would have a Frozen icy heart gripped in the iron fist.
Darktalon
Warrior

Post by Darktalon »

Ah k cool :) Currently the skin is painted with that shadow grey highlighted up to pale flesh, but the armour is purple and green but I'm not sure about it, so I'm thinking of maybe changing that element.
Darktalon
Warrior

Post by Darktalon »

Murphy'sLawyer wrote:Heck, if that were my army I would have a Frozen icy heart gripped in the iron fist.

What do you think of the Frozen Heart or the Frozen Soul Garrison of the Kaelra Watch Tower? It's the Tower that watches over the Icefrost Glacier and the ruins of Har Kaldra.