What will you add?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

What will you add?

Post by Amboadine »

So with the combined army list we can pretty much build incredibly powerful lists very easily.
What I however am starting this thread for is to see what single unit or character you might want to include in your current list from the HE and WE books that you have been secretly jealous of.

For me I would like to include a Dragonmage because I like the concept, plus have a Warpfire dragon begging for a rider.
Not the most competitive choice but rather a modelling and fluff choice.
Taijushue
Cold One Knight

Re: What will you add?

Post by Taijushue »

I have not put anything to paper yet, but I am thinking Loremaster with a 50 man special infantry (havent decided which) and big bad malekith and some cheap chaff for whatever points are left over.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

Tournament side of me wants to see the addition of Way Watchers and Great Eagles. I have a bit of a hard time with armour so Way Watchers help there and Eagles are meant to be a bit of awesome.

Modelling/including for the fun* of it me wants to use:
Treekin,
Wild Riders,
Treemen,
Phoinex's
and most of all the Loremaster of Hoeth, as I can imagine a lot of people will be trying.

*the term fun is used very loosely here ;)
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Curse_Bearer
Shade

Post by Curse_Bearer »

Wild Riders, Waywatchers, and eagles/some kind of bird/monster thing to count as. Things are going to get interesting...
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Waywatchers seem to be the obvious choice, but I am currently limited to dark and some high elves.

My army will see sisters of avelorn and some skycutters for sure. I intend to use dragon princes and caledor theme in general as well (dragon princes with dark magic sorceress are superior to cok's with same support)

And of course phoenix guard and some phoenixes.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Astralcatastrophe
Slave on the Altar

Post by Astralcatastrophe »

I've been thinking about adding a Treeman or Treeman Ancient to supplement my list (plus the model is beautiful), or maybe some Great Eagles. With access to most core units of most books, can any WE or HE core units outshine Witch Elves+CoB?
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

To start with I'll replace one of my DR units with Glade Riders to have some Ambushing Fast Cav with poison arrows.
Next I'll get some Warhawk Riders, not sure which arrows but maybe the -3 armorsave one.
Then a Phoenix of some sort, most likely the Frostheart version.
Also maybe my shades will be replaced with some other scouts if they are to rebelious ;)

Also if its trur all elves get acces to MP I'm defenatly trying out a different lord on a bird of some sorts :P
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Most likely I'll be adding a small force of Wild Riders, a mounted Spellweaver (likely a Sister of the Thorn with a few conversions) and some Tree Kin.

Proxies/counts-as models will be the starting point, though.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Silentdan
Shade

Post by Silentdan »

Wild riders, a archmage of high magic. My core will be filled with trueflight rangers and dark riders. Rare will be warlocks, way watchers and anything I can stuff in it. Then just run super mobile specials with the wild riders. I have been dreaming of a speed freak list for a while.
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

well to be honest I think that WE gain the most, superb core + our DR abd RBTs chariots and cheep armourd charachters and heavy cav. Too bad hero hammer will make all the awsome possibilities worthless.
Also known as Kanadian
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

Not sure yet, I really love the treemen and wildrider models and i always liked the dryads(not sure how usefull they are in 8th ed. though).
So what ill be adding for sure is the Wood elf book.

I still got some waywatcher and wardancer models from back in the day so Ill be giving them a try.
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Ankhalagon
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ankhalagon »

Maybe some asraiarchers and a pair of frostphoenixes. Shadowwarriors. An asurmage.
Thats all.
The Omnissiah knows all, comprehends all.
10000 pts Dark Elves of Karond Kar
3500 pts Skaven clan Mors
2000 pts Nippon Shinzei clan

2500 pts Mechanicum
Waerik
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Waerik »

I have always been wanting to field a loremaster, possibly combined with some shadowdancers, always liked hybrid characters ;).
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

with the end of times magic the loremaster will have access to 56 spells.
Also known as Kanadian
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Yeah, Morathi will get to know only 26 spells, not even half of a Loremaster.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I don't know yet if I want to take this incentive to start Wood Elves or High Elves. I always liked a autumn or winter themed wood elf army. There's a nice deal to be had at a local shop. But the latest reads on high elves have made me partial to the army. Hmpf.

Either way it will be a mini-based decision. I feel the DE have enough power (that I have yet to tap into) before I look for reinforcements elsewhere.

I confess I'm jaleous of the HE lords and hero range.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Daeron wrote:There's a nice deal to be had at a local shop. But the latest reads on high elves have made me partial to the army. Hmpf.

:sick:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
whitewolf
Slave on the Altar

Post by whitewolf »

How about sorc with Kaharine's Ring of Fure mouted IN Dark horse with doomfire warlock... 8) ?
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Daeron wrote:I confess I'm jaleous of the HE lords and hero range.

I have the same, we simply lack a Hero/Lord that brings anything to the table without gearing them for it (ignoring the BAFM for obvious reasons)
HE get Loremasters (all 8 Signatures) and Sea Helms (reform after getting charged)
WE get it even better.
GladeLords/Captains get a free S3 no Armor Saves allowed at the start of the game.
Shadowdancers for their dances
Waystalkers for harassing enemy Generals/Casters who think they are safe

so I'm definatly taking 2 of the later 3... maybe even all 3 and turn my DreadLord into a GladeLord if i can find a viable build for him.

Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

I'm going to add a Doombull with black armor (sp?) to a huge unit of trolls. :burns: Oh wait...we're talking about elves in this thread aren't we?
Silvershadow
Warrior

Post by Silvershadow »

Having all three armies already (well, lots of HE models mainly from my 5th edition days and full-blown DE and WE armies) this certainly opens up a lot of possibilities for me...

From the Asur: Sisters of Avelorn (S4 shooting and nice models), Frost chicken, great eagles (because the Asur ones apparently go to boot camp unlike the home-schooled Asrai version that never learned to strike first), maybe Phoenix guard or the loremaster with a book of hoeth (and he just got even better with the Khaine magic rules...)

From the Asrai: Waywatchers, Waystalker, Treemen, glade guard with fancy arrows, spellweaver if I want to run high magic (love that lore attribute), maybe wild riders but already so much cav around...

But at heart I remain Druchii, so that is where my main focus will remain.

All hail the Eternity King!
8th edition Dark Elf book: 11-1-5 before I lost track

All hail the Eternity King!
Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:To start with I'll replace one of my DR units with Glade Riders to have some Ambushing Fast Cav with poison arrows.
Next I'll get some Warhawk Riders, not sure which arrows but maybe the -3 armorsave one.
Then a Phoenix of some sort, most likely the Frostheart version.
Also maybe my shades will be replaced with some other scouts if they are to rebelious ;)

Also if its trur all elves get acces to MP I'm defenatly trying out a different lord on a bird of some sorts :P

Warhawks don't get magic arrows unfortunately, but a unit of scouts with hagbane can play havoc on warmachines.
For us, there is no longer the druchii, the asur and the asrai; now there are only the Asdra; The Laughing Ones.

For us The Season of Doom is ended, now The Season of Opportunity is begun.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Yeah... figured that after a m8 lend me his book :roll:
Still taking 3 tho, still great hunters. Tho I was hoping they would be my Armor Solution :P

Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

There is an old Asrai saying; 'You don't have an armor problem, you have a lack of waywatcher problem.'

!lol!
For us, there is no longer the druchii, the asur and the asrai; now there are only the Asdra; The Laughing Ones.

For us The Season of Doom is ended, now The Season of Opportunity is begun.