2400 shooty style lists.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Venomblades
Shade

2400 shooty style lists.

Post by Venomblades »

Hey guys! Just been researching a lot lately and it seems are power lies nicely also with shooting. I also am a major fan on infantry lists and I in no way like to create avoidance lists, it's not how I role.

So, using a mix of infantry ( 2 combat blocks), how would one create a very punchy list with a balance blend of shooting and infantry?
Lord hajjij
Rotting skull on the Glottkin trail

Re: 2400 shooty style lists.

Post by Lord hajjij »

For me, I've got away from using Darkshards* and moved to using Shades, Dark Riders, and RBT as my source of shooting. They are all just way better at hitting, and especially in the case of Dark Riders their "real" range is absurd since they can march and shoot.

*If you're using Metal and/or Fire magic, I can see the benefit of a large unit so you can buff them all at once.

So, you can rock your 2 blocks of infantry, then maybe go with a shooting-heavy setup of 3x5 Dark Riders w/ RxB, 1x9 or 2x5 Shades, and 2-4 RBT. Also consider a mounted Master with Brace of Repeater Handbows. You can use the double flee tactic to help slow the enemy, and give you more turns shooting as well as protect your RBT a bit.

Maybe something like:

Supreme Sorceress; Sac Dagger; Lore of Shadow
Master BSB on foot; 1+ re-rollable
28 Bleakswords; Full Command
Bloodwrack Shrine

Tullaris Dreadbringer
27 Executioners; Full Command; Discipline Banner

Master on Steed; Ruby Ring and Brace of Handbows (General)

5 Dark Riders; Shield, RxB, Std, Mus

9 Shades; Std, Mus

Cold One Chariot

2 RBT

5 Doomfire Warlocks

Obviously a rough draft, but you've got your shooting, you've got 2 (both Ld 10 w/o general around) big infantry blocks - one that is steadfast and one that's quite hitty - and you've got Shadow Magic + the Sacrificial Dagger. Chariot supports the Bleakswords. (don't forget Bloodwrack is also a Chariot...) Don't underestimate the Medusa, especially when you've hit someone with a Miasma! The mounted Master is the general because the blocks don't need his leadership and he gives Ld 9 to the mounted force allowing for Ld 10 rally checks with musician.
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

-Sun Tzu
anglais
Corsair

Post by anglais »

I played a lot with sth like

25+ witches
25+ exes
14+ shades.

lvl 4/str 7 dreadlord/rbt/darkriders/warlocks included.
it works, but IMO it is obsolete, at least in my gaming group.
I like to win, but not by playing the limit of the rules
marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

If you like lots of infantry, look up "two towers" lists.

You have to be careful with shooting and infantry. Often the shooting lanes get closed down and then all those expensive xbows are hitting on 6's & 7's.