End Times: Khaine

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

End Times: Khaine

Post by Amboadine »

Well looking at the rumour boards ET:K seems to be touted as being launched December (unlikely with the last Hobbit release) or January. November being taken with Tyranids.

The biggest disappointment to me is the rumours of no elven model releases in parallel. Seems a shame, and a surprise that GW would miss out on an opportunity to sell more models or fill the blatant gap they have of no peg masters. The other ET releases have all had a large monster ridden with three variants. They could have for example taken this opportunity to launch a new Morathi, Dark elf master, A.N.other(wood/high) variant pegasus. It would have certainly sold.

Of course rumours are not necessarily correct and just because there are no 'elf' models doesn't mean there are no other models being released.

For me I am mainly looking forward to the story and to see if I can get rules to play my CoSlaanesh army again.
It will be interesting regardless.
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Re: End Times: Khaine

Post by CitizenKhaine »

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't been watching the rumours lately and it it's one rumour I will certainly be hoping is true and now I am of to start hunting through the rumour mills.... bring back the cult!
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

yep I read that rumor as well, and even tough it's a credible guy on warseer, i can hardly believe it to be true though.
I had the feeling that the ET models sold quite well(probably not as good as the books but still).@ amboadine like you said there are some gaps that could do with some filling. Let's not forget; Malus, a dark steed mounted sorceress, Malekith, Kouran and Tullaris (less likely though)
If the Cult is bound to have a comeback, a cult dedicated unit seems like a logical idea!But hey you never know with GW.
Still havent started reading in my Glotkin book yet. (to busy reading the Wheel of time, quite a nice read if you can find the time for 15ish books)
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

van Awful wrote:amboadine like you said there are some gaps that could do with some filling. Let's not forget; Malus, a dark steed mounted sorceress, Malekith, Kouran and Tullaris (less likely though)

Ah yes, forgot about Malus, he is already mentioned as going up north to fight Valkia and her Khorne horde.

van Awful wrote:Still havent started reading in my Glotkin book yet. (to busy reading the Wheel of time, quite a nice read if you can find the time for 15ish books)

Still trawlling through them. Book by book.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

bah i wish there where just 'fluff' books for 'The end of Times'
hope that once they are all done they release a Bundle with all of em.
so many things i want to read more about :shock:

tho in fairness I'm not looking forward to this Cult of Slaanesh returning :P tho I started playing DE after they removed them i guess...
so I dont know the feel/idea behind it xD
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Babnik
Black Guard

Post by Babnik »

I've been a loyal servant (means customer) of GW for over 25 years and trust me, if there is something we can be sure about, DON'T TRUST RUMOURS!!!!

There are so many possibilities of new release with the End Times "revolution", and GW to make more money:
- Khaine avatar
- Cult of Slaanesh
- New Malus Darkblade as he should become a major special character
- The Khaine sword bearer ?
Our club's facebook page:
Fantastique Bataillon de Joinville
Look for French tourneys pics galleries!
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

The return of CoS would make my day! i really enjoyed it back in the Storm of Chaos,
To bad i sold of nearly all of my warriors when 8th edition hit the shelves and i was sure they would'nt bring the chaos factions or the cult back back together. (right)
On the other hand, i was looking for an excuse to buy the new-ish chaos knights and characters.
Would love it if they include dragon ogres and hellcannons( still got one of these somewhere unassembled) in the list.
If i remember correctly a fellowmember here was making an 8th edition CoS, anybody knows how that turned out?
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

If i remember correctly a fellowmember here was making an 8th edition CoS, anybody knows how that turned out?

There is a pdf file kicking around on the net, but basically seems to just be updated units as per the 8th ed book. Nothing seemingly ground breaking or something you couldn't work out yourself if you have the SoC book, Dark elf book and Daemons book.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Well new rumours seem to point at ET:Khaine being up for pre release next Friday evening.
Not sure how true the is but I would guess that this will be unavailable by Saturday morning on the website.
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

No new models for DE is disappointing, and if this HE/DE/WE alliance really comes to pass in the book then I'm rooting for Archaon, change you can believe in.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

r530 wrote: then I'm rooting for Archaon, change you can believe in.

This has to be made into a meme image :lol:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

T.D. wrote:

Can you explain what that is for this old fart?
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

T.D. wrote:

Best I could do (Archaon is heavily resistant to obamafication...)

T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Took me a minute to work out what it was...

...but the more you look at it, the cooler it becomes 8)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

Well, who would have thought it would end this way after all this time? After 20 years of war, we may have won.

No Cult of Pleasure, but Malekith the Pheonix King (Dark/High/surviving Wood elves led by Malekith, Teclis, Alarielle and Imrik) vs the Aestyrion (mostly High and Khainite Dark) led by the new Avatar of Khaine, Tyrion. Alith Anar and the End Times wood elf character are the wild cards in all this, the Shadow King taking a shot that will change the world.

Gods Die.

Third army list is the survivors of the civil war.

The third army list is why we've got no characters for the initial book, GW are being super careful about spoilers whilst people are getting the book. Wouldn't be superised if we see some after Christmas for the last of the elves list.
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Christoph
Trainee Warrior

Post by Christoph »

It would be neat for Malekith to abandon Naggaroth to Chaos in his last gambit to conquer Ulthuan, only to have Malus Darkblade defend Naggaroth and take over in the Witch King's absence. It's as likely to happen as any other possibility at this point. IE: shot in the dark.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Can some1 who got the previous books tell me if its rly worth it to get the book?
And how much where the previous ones?

Personally I'm rly ontop of the fence with this one not knowing wether to buy it or wait for other means ;P
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:Can some1 who got the previous books tell me if its rly worth it to get the book?
And how much where the previous ones?

Personally I'm rly ontop of the fence with this one not knowing wether to buy it or wait for other means ;P

The previous books were around £40 (£100 Ltd ed). But are not currently widely available, although soft backs are coming later at a cheap price.

If you like the background they are definitely worth it, one of the best series of books GW has released. Rules are a nice extra.
If you can get them, I would highly recommend them.
Archamedius
Black Guard

Post by Archamedius »

I have both and enjoyed what I have read so far in both. Some parts are a little like the history sections of the army books, but overall I think they are excellent reading material.

Oh, and if they conclude the civil war, I am with the archaon band wagon.
------

- Pain is Temporary, Knowledge is forever.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

About this whole End of Times: Khaine thing.

Is this 9th edition coming, so a new BRB ?
Or is this replacing the old Dark Elf Army book ?
Or is this just an extra fluff option with no big changes into gameplay ?

Because it seems we are going to be 1 elven mixed army, instead of 3 separate which own strengths and weaknesses ? Will this not destroy the Dark Elves army as we are able to use all other elven units and they ours ?
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

That is really the question Drakon. We really don't know. It does seem GW is clearing the deck for 9th ed and to have a much reduced army book selection. Maybe they are looking to go the way of 40k and release faction books on top of a base army book.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

From Warseer earlier:

Quote Originally Posted by Durgil View Post
Straight from the White Dwarf:

New Wind of Magic: 4d6
All Wizard are Loremaster (yes, even that pesky little lvl 1)
End Time spells are no-brainer. Oh, and Lvl 3 or 4 Wizard can Summon Arcane Fulcrum...
- Metal: 15+, Augment, 24", one unit get a 2+ Ward Save until your next magic phase.
- Fire: 20+, Hex, All enemies on the table, "Charge, Pursuit and Flee" are on 3d6 discard the biggest, get Flammable, all Flaming attack reroll to Wound against target units.
- Light: 20+, Augment for Order, Hex for Destruction, all unit inside 12" of caster are affected, Order get Unbreakable, Destruction must do a Ld test on 4d6, 1 wound for every point off.
- Beast: 15+, Vortex, Large Blast, Artillery x3 for the distance. Every model pass by suffer a Str3 hit.
- Life: 15+, Vortex, Large Blast, Artillery x3 for the distance. Every unit pass by regain 2d6+1 Wound.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7pca65dgyuaq ... 1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2285oerkho8qx ... 2.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qxexj0m4brqw ... e.jpg?dl=0

:shock: Is Oprah giving out loremaster for everyone this week? You get a loremaster! You get a loremaster!

The High Elf Loremaster gets ALL the loremasters

Edited: links weren't working, are now.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Links are working for me.
Well, ET series seems to take most from Storm of Magic.
We could summon undead with the first tome, in the next we will get fulcrums and much more magic.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

Well, that looks broken as all balls.
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Well, it would be about time that Malekith finally got the throne, and the betrayals of the High Elves were revealed! ( :lol: )

I like that there are changes, although the rumors about the magic makes me frown... I don't want magic to be even stronger than it is today.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10