1000pt list help needed for tournament revised

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ryan666
Warrior

1000pt list help needed for tournament revised

Post by Ryan666 »

Hi my local games workshop is having a ladder tournament and i entered it. Your list can change as much as you like as long as you follow the rules within your codex. Also please respond to my post in tactics it's about what the best units are within each army. Well heres my list

Dark elf noble 2 hand weapons heavy armour bitting blade dispel scroll113pts 20 Dark elf warriors full command all with sheilds 185pts

10 Dark elf warriors all witth repeater crossbows 110pts

15 executioners full comand 195pts

2 cold one chariot's with scythed wheels and spears (noble is mounted in one) 192pts

2 RBT 200pts

total 999

so what do you think, please respond thanks. o yeah im going to be playing every army in WHFB so keep that in mind
Last edited by Ryan666 on Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Misda
Noble

Post by Misda »

Looks good.
It would be a hard choice bewteen witch elves and executioners for your special unit. Executioners strike last, but hit harder. Witch elves strike first (usually) and have more attacks, but less AS, altho neither have a real AS to speak of =p

The list looks good tho, Im not sure if I would bother with a sorceress or not... that would require some testing too =p

Good luck in the tourney =)
Grey
Dark Rider

Post by Grey »

Looks good it jus looks a little slow moving for me

but you can't expect everything from 1k points
"All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you aint gonna get"-Mr Blonde

Only the dead have seen the end of war-Plato
Ryan666
Warrior

Post by Ryan666 »

I normally defend or wait until there in my charging range, but the whole time I harass the opponent with my RBT's, and unit of ten repeater crossbow men thats why it's slow. Any other thoughts?
Grey
Dark Rider

Post by Grey »

yea get rid of those X-bow men and have DR for harrasment :P
"All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you aint gonna get"-Mr Blonde

Only the dead have seen the end of war-Plato
Ryan666
Warrior

Post by Ryan666 »

ok any more suggestions
Skavenseer
Shade

Post by Skavenseer »

If you get rid of the RxB warriors you only have 2 RBT to lure your opponent to you...not necessarily something I'd count on as just about every army has a plan for them that doesn't require your entire army.

I'd drop the sorceress, and give the shield of ghrond to your noble. Use the points to get a unit of Dark Riders with RxB and take your spearelf unit to 18 or 20.

Why is your noble mounted on a cold one? He'll stick out like a sore thumb and get shot to pieces. Either put him in the chariot, or don't mount him.

For 1000 points I'd also consider dropping one of the RBT and going with another unit of 10 RxB men or harpies or shades. I know you'll be missing that nice -2 armor save shots, but I think the thing that threatens you the most are hoarde armies that don't have high armor saves and need whittled down.

Lastly, as an afterthought a magic weapon for your character (even if its the lifetaker) might be a good idea incase someone gets tricky with something etherial.
Always kick a stunty when he's down.
Ryan666
Warrior

Post by Ryan666 »

what if i drop the sorceress get another coldone chariot and mount the noble in there and with the point that i have left over wich will be about 111 get 5 more spearmen witch is like 40 pts puting me around 71 pts to play with wich i could then boost executioners up to 15 now i have like 37 pts which i could use to boost up the noble in the chariot. I dont know if i did the math right because i dont have a calculator or rule book with me but i'll find out and post back.
Ryan666
Warrior

Post by Ryan666 »

ok now i fixed it up a bit thanks for the sugestion skaven seer. Anyone else have any more thoughts.
Garbidge
Highborn
Location: House of Heroes, 43 Church Gate, Loughborough, England

Post by Garbidge »

Dispell scrolls are arcane items, so a noble can't have one. Give him the seal instead. Also, he cant use his 2 hand weapons because he has a magic sword. Drop the extra weapon and the biting blade, and just give him a great weapon and a sea dragon cloak.
Your chariots cost 2pts each for spears, so they're 194 pts total. Then get a musician for your rxbs to fill up the last 5 points.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

garbidge is right on the illegal issues. And I have to agree with him on the changes, except the Musician. If the points permit - try to get a Sea Dragon Cloak on your Noble instead. He will take some serious beating in a 1000 pts army and really need that extra Armour Save point(s).

Lord N
Garbidge
Highborn
Location: House of Heroes, 43 Church Gate, Loughborough, England

Post by Garbidge »

@ Lord N: I included a SDC and a muso, and it makes 1000 points exactly.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Sry, failed to see that remark (and I though I read your post carefully). My head isn't really cooperating with me today. Ahh well...

Lord N