Morathi's men with pointy sticks

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Grandmaster ej
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Grandmaster ej »

Characters
Morathi = 470
Level 2 + Dispel Scroll = 155
Level 2 + Dark Star Cloak = 150
Noble + Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, BSB, War Banner, Sword of Might = 150

Mortathi flies round causing mayhem, 2 lvl 2s in support from spearmen, BSB for break tests, will be put in unit facing worst opponent, or vs weakest opponent

Core
19 Spearmen, Command = 177
10 Crossbowmen, Shields, Musician = 125
5 Dark Riders, RxB, Musician = 127

spearmen are protection for sorceresses, and main body of the army, supported by dark riders on a flank and covered by shades from forests, alternativly sit back and wait for the counter attack, shades on march block duty

Special
5 Shades = 70
5 Shades = 70
1 Cold One Chariots, Spears = 97

chariot for support of spearmen in attack or defence

Rare
2 Bolt Throwers = 200

fire support, ive been suggested to go for all out defence and take 4 bolt throwers... but im not so sure thats wise, i like the balance of this list for attack or defence.

Total = 1993
Casting = 11
Dispel = 6 (Scroll)
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the possability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

Your BSB is illegal. He can't have a magic banner and a magical weapon. He can either have magical equipment or a magical banner, not both. Sorry to ruin your day.

This army will be hard pressed to handle anything with a decent armor save since all you have with high strength attacks if your chariot. I would try to drop something in exchange for at least one more chariot.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Grandmaster ej

Post by Grandmaster ej »

fair point, the banner has been changed to a power stone on the Level 2 with the scroll. How ever will my magic not compensate for that? spells from morathi and perhaps the other level 2s as well will help vs knights, along with my 2 bolt throwers. at worst i can slow them down (dominion) for example. the chariot is a good point, and i would change my list to include a second however i am still learning how to make the best use of my chariots.

thanx for the reply
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the possability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

I would never take 2 units of Shades in a 2k battle. You don't rally need to march block two flanks with Dark Elves. Take a unit of 5or7 and back em up with your Dark Riders.

I don't like this list very much. You have no elite infantry AT ALL!

I just don't like relying on magic either, especially with squishy scorceresses in spear blocks, any smart general will get rid of these quickly which will leave you with nothing.

I want to see a unit of either Witch Elves, Corsairs, Executioners, Black Guard, or Cold One Knights in this list so you have some CC punch.
Grandmaster ej

Post by Grandmaster ej »

i dont NEED to march block 2 sides... but comon, for 70 points, oh yeah lol. lack of elite infantry is true... but i have Morathi. the only unit i would employ would be knights but they would make this army more geared to attack as opposed to being balanced. Corsaires could be a good idea however... if i could scavange the money for them...
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

To be honest, I think that you are putting too much faith in Morathi to hold this army up. Consider what would happen if she is dropped by a lucky cannon shot or a gunline barrage. Then what will you do?

I disagree that elite shock troops are essential to the success of this list. However, I do agree that there are better things to spend 140 points on than two units of Shades.

Consider instead a unit of Harpies, drop the Power Stone from the Sorceress, and scrounge up an extra Chariot.

The Harpies can handle most of the roles that the Shades would otherwise be dealing with. They could also run as screeners for Morathi if necessary.

The extra chariot will help support the Spears and will increase your zone of control. It will also improve your deployment options. You could deploy in pincer formation with a Spear block supported by a Chariot on each flank, or you could deploy in refused flank with the fire base in the center, then the twin chariots followed by the infantry line on the hard flank.

But yeah, no matter what you should definitely come up with a contingency plan for if Morathi dies.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Grandmaster ej

Post by Grandmaster ej »

hmmm, well said...

Characters
Morathi = 470
Level 2 + Dispel Scroll = 155
Level 2 + Dark Star Cloak = 150
Noble + Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, BSB, Sword of Might = 125

Core
10 Crossbowmen, Shields, Musician = 125
5 Dark Riders, RxB, Musician = 127

Special
5 Shades = 70
2 Cold One Chariots, Spears = 194

Rare
2 Bolt Throwers = 200

Total = 1995
Casting = 11
Dispel = 6 (Scroll)

cant see where the points for the harpies are going to come from though...
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Sorry, I meant to ditch BOTH units of Shades for Harpies and a Chariot. I would personally prioritize a missile screen for Morathi over a few extra scouts. Still, if you prefer the Shades this will do nicely.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.