new to darkelves and here would be my first armylist 755pts

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Wilfo
Slave on the Altar

new to darkelves and here would be my first armylist 755pts

Post by Wilfo »

noble with heavy armour,seadragon cloak, lifetaker,talisma of protection.

13x warriors with RxB

19x warriors with shields,spears
full command

10x executioners
with full command

1x reaper bolt thrower

i play most against chaos undivided,dwarfs

my little plan would be to tak the punch with the warriors and the executioners would flank the enemy

any toughts about it? changes? =)

i haven't bought the models yet.but that is what i tought would be good to start with, or should i go with a sorceress?
The last dark knight
Trainee Warrior

Post by The last dark knight »

Not too dissimilar to the army I first fielded. You will learn to love the flank charging exes. My only comment is that you might be better off equiping your noble to assist either the exes or warriors in close combat rather than giving him lifetaker. I don't much like the talaisman of protection either, as I find a 6+ ward save a bit flimsy. I would be inclined to give him perhaps sword of might and armour of darkness, or something of that ilk.
Might controls everything, and without it, you cannot protect anything, not even yourself.
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

i can see your army going very well against chaos with exes etc but dwarfs, i dont know, haven´t played them much but if it is a shooty army, you would get problems but if it is hth combat, you have pretty good chances too. 750pts, a sorc can be devastating but its a HUGE amount of points. i would try to get witchelves instead of exes because of more attacks, manbane and so forth.
i would consider a unit of dark riders instead of RxB warriors because they are fast enough to go for some warmachines.
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
The last dark knight
Trainee Warrior

Post by The last dark knight »

Good points. I tend to find the Exes to be fine against the tough and heavily armoured dwarves beacuse of the high strength and almost guaranteed charge. Yes, Witches with manbane are better killers, but they are less survivable, harder to control, and more expensive, which all counts against them in such a small army.

I agree, dark riders are a good option to consider as a possible alternative to the warriors. As was mentioned, the list above is great against a close quaters army, but might turn out to lack the ability to close with something more shooty.

For my money, a sorceress in a 750 is just too many eggs in too fragile a basket.
Might controls everything, and without it, you cannot protect anything, not even yourself.
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Post by Prince of arnheim »

Get 5 Dark Riders to flank and support.

Take smaller units.

Have you read the MSE Tactica? Units of 13 for elite infantry can be very good. You do not want big units in such a small battle.
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

20 warriors in 750 pts are ok, i´m a great fan of warriors anyway because of cr...
the smaller the game, the better dark riders are because nothing shoots them and a single flank charge will most likely bring the game to an end.
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Wilfo
Slave on the Altar

Post by Wilfo »

i like warriors :mrgreen: and yes i have tought about darkriders but i think i will buy them later ,when i get to 1000pts.

witch elves = not that great against chaos :(..i think they die to easy (ok ok i know that executioners dies almost as easy) :D,
and he that plays dwarfs he uses to take crossbows rather than thunderers but not that many ^^ he dosen't like shooty dwarf army :o :twisted:
and yes after thinking i think i will make my nobel a hth fighter instead.

Prince of Arnheim - no i haven't read the MSE tactica. I have to go and hunt for it here in the forums :P