2000pts banner of chains 4

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Frankthetank
Beastmaster

2000pts banner of chains 4

Post by Frankthetank »

high sorceress lvl 4 395pts
dark star cloak
dispell scroll
wand of kharaidon
dark peg

(she fast she got the magic to hit hard and change the face of battle in my favor i love the dark peg and i dont need a ward if i know how to move her)

beastmaster manticore sdc lance
blood armour 260pts

(hes hit a little bit hard then a unit of dark riders but he has terror and i can fly over to set up some nice combo charges with my dark riders in flanks )

noble dark peg HA lance sdc 194pts
EN shield ,
seal of grond

he can fly to set up some good combo charges with the oger iron guts, and if need be i can send him in to take out a lvl4 mag or war machine )

warriors x 20 shields full cmd 185pts
warriors x 20 shields full cmd 185pts

(combat res team up with chariots ,Iron guts,manticore ,noble ,dark riders it can be a game winner )
dark riders x5 mus 97pts
dark riders x5 mus 97pts

(go down one flank to take out warmachine, skimmishers ,or other light cav with the help of a manticore )

cold one chariots x2 spears 194

(combo charge with warriors units for some kills + ranks )

ogers Iron guts x3 standard,bellower
warbanner 199pts

(cover the other flank with bolt throwers or support battle line with warriors with some flank charges )

reaper bolt throwers x 2 200pts

(heavy cav killing ,cover one flank,)

1996pts
Last edited by Frankthetank on Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maciej
Warrior

Post by Maciej »

ist is fairly solid. I would give the high sorceress a soul stone instead of the darkstar cloak as miscasts kill you instsntly(pretty much), these days. I like the flying characters. ;)
Stupid questions dont exist, only stupid people, the clue in life is not to belong to that particular group off people.
Harabec
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Harabec »

I like the HS as is actually. I am pretty careful with the numbe rof dice I use for spells, and I find I don't actually miscast that often. May just be my luck though, as magic armies are really effective for me.

As to the rest of the list I think its a pretty good balanced list that should be able to handle most armies. One question I have is why give the web to the noble? Even if you suicide him into a mage or something he should be able to kill it with his and the mounts attacks. Also I would give the noble a SDC and shield. HE only has 5+AS as is
Darthwald
Warrior

Post by Darthwald »

Looks good have fun.
Firestart345
Executioner

Post by Firestart345 »

My only problem with it is that it looks like it will have some(alot of) trouble against horde armies. Have you played any hordes with this list yet? 9 Potential combat units against their potential however many, but you know its guna be alot. I'd like to see some corsairs or some witch elves in there as a flanking unit of 12 with champ for either, although im not sure what id drop.
"Once i felt the tenderness and love of a warm, caring family, but they are gone. Whether they still live or not is of no importance, for emotion is a luxury that has long since been lost to me."
Frankthetank
Beastmaster

Post by Frankthetank »

Harabec wrote:I like the HS as is actually. I am pretty careful with the numbe rof dice I use for spells, and I find I don't actually miscast that often. May just be my luck though, as magic armies are really effective for me.

As to the rest of the list I think its a pretty good balanced list that should be able to handle most armies. One question I have is why give the web to the noble? Even if you suicide him into a mage or something he should be able to kill it with his and the mounts attacks. Also I would give the noble a SDC and shield. HE only has 5+AS as is

Your probly right i just wanted to try it out but a better AS would be better .
Frankthetank
Beastmaster

Post by Frankthetank »

firestart345 wrote:My only problem with it is that it looks like it will have some(alot of) trouble against horde armies. Have you played any hordes with this list yet? 9 Potential combat units against their potential however many, but you know its guna be alot. I'd like to see some corsairs or some witch elves in there as a flanking unit of 12 with champ for either, although im not sure what id drop.

I played aganst orcs with lots of bricks of orcs and gobbos i could never win against them rank units one on one but with are speed combo charges are easy to set up.Manticore in the flank with a warrior unit ,chariot in the front mean i win combat over run in to another unit .
Frankthetank
Beastmaster

Post by Frankthetank »

I played two game this friday .One vs vampire counts .One vs ogers . Im going to post more detail on tatics in the battle report . I tie vs vimpire counts ,I lost vs ogers bad .

Im not to happy with the beastmaster manticore combo it just to much of a hit or miss but it dose get alot of attenion so that very good im thinking about droping the blood armour to free up some points and get a crimson death on my noble on a peg for more hitting power and a small package .