Beast Army of Karond Kar

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Malificant
Highborn

Beast Army of Karond Kar

Post by Malificant »

ok, instead of using rakarth i came up with this list for starters:
Noble: Blood Armor, Lifetaker, Lance, Dark Pegasus-179
Beastmaster: Web of Shadows, Lance, Dark Pegasus-124
Sorceress: Dark Steed, Wand of the Kharadion, Lvl 2-188
Sorceress: Darkstar Cloak, Seal of Ghrond, Lvl 2-175

-i see the beastmasters in close work with the sorceresses to create beasts such as the spellthirster hydra, and also using their magic to move their arks. i think sorceresses are in theme here. as far as tactical usage, i am a big fan of shadow magic. the 2 peg characters have their purposes, including mage hunting and/or supporting charges. they are also good at taking on small skirmishing units.

10 Warriors: Shields, RxBs-120
10 Warriors: Shields, RxBs-120
10 Corsairs-100
5 Dark Riders-90
5 Dark Riders-90

-the crossbow warriors are a staple in any dark elf army, and could be "hunters" as far as tracking down large monsters. mengil works more to that theme, but you get the point. the corsairs are fairly obvious, they have sea dragon cloaks, sea dragons are monsters, problem solved. the dark riders are a duh factor as the beastmasters rear the steeds.

5 Cold One Knights: Full Command-190
5 Cold One Knights: Full Command-190
2 Cold One Chariots: Spears-194
5 Harpies-65

-the chariots will have beastmasters for crew, the cold ones are hatched and reared by beastmasters. the harpies surrond the city itself and are beasts. i might make the dread knights of the cold ones beastmasters on sabertusks.

Giant-205
War Hydra-220

-war hydra cause i want one, and is fluffy. giant is captured by beastmasters, and will be a modeling project for me. giant provides me with a center, and will take some heat off the peg riders and the hydra.

all in all the army has alot of fragile punch elements, and onlky one real center. a stable magic phase, and decent magic defence/hunting. some shooting, and some harrassing. ill have to test her out.

theme wise, im thinking slave pens for objectives as the beastmasters keep the slaves as well, and maybe a cold one nest for another objective.
Lethalis wrote:Large units in general are not very advisable for Elves in general. Generally, a general knows that Elves in general are generally weak and have low armour to sport, and Executioners follow this general trend.
Kurhalth
Dark Rider

Post by Kurhalth »

Well first off it's an odd beast army since it has no big flying beasts, but ok. 2 lvl 2s in 2k aren't going to be very good at getting magic off, better to just make them be magic defense. What no musicians in the Dark riders? oh well I stopped taking them as well, never managed to make much use of them. Yes corsairs make theme sense but not combat sense, a second unit of 10 may help. Special and Rare section are good. But why make the dread knights ride sabertusks, cold ones seem like a harder beast to tame. You are going to have a lot of trouble with even light shooting as your pegasus will go down easy followed by the dark riders and giant. For this I like the big flying beasts to cause terror on archers or to use more units of Dark Riders with RxBs instead of RxB warriors

Edit: oh yeah up grade to Royal Hydra if you can
Steal from the rich, steal from the poor, and then slaughter them all.
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

I must agree with Kraus' comment. I'll add some of my own though.

First if you want some decent magic, I would take a high sorceress L4, so you'll get more than 2 sorceress L2 and you could take her on a Dark Pegasus or a Manticore to keep the theme and making her even more deadly.

Second, the beastmaster seems to be used as a kamekaze for a hero hunting. However I kinda think that wasting a dark pegasus for this purpose is costy. For me, the beastmaster lives for his Manticore, sure they are costy but I don't think there's a reason for the beastmaster to live except for the Manticore. If you wanna keep the kamekaze purpose, I would suggest a dark steed.

Third, I don't count the giant as a beast and since I feel like you lack of heavy ranged hits, I would drop him for 2 Reaper Bolt Throwers.

I was thinking about making a beast theme army which include a Dragon and a Manticore but I would be lacking of way too much magic protection so I drop the idea. :cry: