the NOISE... 2250 Dragon feat. BG - and CoB!

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Raneth wrote:Drawing against Dwarves always feels a little like victory to me :D

I know how you feel!
Truly These are the End Times ...
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Lost against Necrarch VC. Chariots aren't strong against them, and now I'm thinking about replacing one with a different hammer unit. Taking out 1 chariot and the excess Harpy nets me 110 pts. This buys me a bare Executioner unit, which is spicy, but ideally I'd want Witch Elves.

First instinct tells me dropping the rxbs on the DR guarding the caddy is the way to go, since I've only used them to keep her safe anyway. S&S is nice and all but when Zacharias (ok, so it was only the model ;) ) comes flying down on you fleeing is all that's left to do!
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Shaved a lot. Not only have the Witches found their way into the list, so did a unit of Executioners. What'd I lose? DR! And they say miracles don't happen... :roll:

Anyways, my rep's up for grabs again :P Thanks in advance!

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Sao-link
Warrior

Post by Sao-link »

I really like this list. Although I would change some things. First, I would drop the Steed and the DR-Guard for the Sorc and use her as a pure scroll caddy. I would also drop the BG, it seems to expensive for what it does and maybe the executioners. I would add a block of Spearelves with FC and a unit of COK and definitely add Manbane for the Hag, it will make the Witches a lot stronger.
"You know much about mankind but nothing about me."
Garbod
Cold One Knight

Post by Garbod »

The list seems interesting. Alot of DR - I guess you can't go wrong!!!

Just a little note in your (very good) battle report against Chaos you mentioned a 4+WS in close combat for the CoB crew. I am afraid that WS is only available vs shooting and magic missiles - they only get the 6+ save in CC!
Garbod
Thinking MSU.... try a CoB
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Ah, my mistake. Can't believe it slipped me twice though, once in-battle and once while writing. Then again, it was running kinda late (and I would've won anyway :twisted: ) Good senses!

Terrifying
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Terrifying »

im getting me some more DRs :D got 12 at the moment i think