1500 Point Comeback List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

1500 Point Comeback List

Post by Alkkrision »

What with Dark Elves getting a re-release in the near future and my friends actually deciding they want to play a bit of Fantasy, I decided to jump back on the bandwagon and get my Dark Elves back out for some smaller games. Now with me trying to decide on how to rebuild the army somewhat, I'm using a lot of my old stuff. So without further ado, may I present my latest creation.

Raiders of the Misted Umbra - 1500 Points
Lord Alkkrision, Dreadlord of the Misted Umbra - Heavy Armour - Sea Dragon Cloak - Crimson Death - 115 points

Himmisilwen, First Lady of the Misted Umbra - Level 2 - Darkstar Cloak - Dispel Scroll - 175 points.

Dark Elf Sorceress - Level 2 - Seal of Ghrond - Dispel Scroll - 180 points.

20 Dark Elf Spearmen - Full Command - Shields - 185 points.
10 Dark Elf Crossbowmen - Shields - 120 points.
10 Dark Elf Crossbowmen - Shields - 120 points.
5 Dark Riders - Repeater Crossbows - 120 points.

15 Witch Elves - Full Command - 225 points.

14 Black Guard - Full Command - 259 points.

Total - 1499 points.
6(+1) PD.
5 DD.

Already tried the list tonight against Orcs and Goblins and I'll admit I got stupidly lucky with some of my casting rolls and shooting, while my opponent was failing a lot of saves and tests, so IMO not really a fair game. Anyway, as the list starts changing somewhat (with next ed DE on the horizon and me now wanting at least 40 Corsairs in the army) I'll be making some modifications. Fluffwise however the two named characters + Black Guard will be staying in there, seeing as my Dark Elves in my mind have always followed their own storyline, which isn't about to change now. But other than that, can I get any other potential suggestions about what could be changed in the list? Hopefully should be replacing Himmisilwen sometime this week before I lose access to the Sorceresses. New units/models I can tolerate, but I still want to retain some memory of my characters :).
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Looks quite slow with all the infantry, also not sure of the point to the 20 strong spear elves, I'd go 2x 15 RXB with musos and add a muso to the DR at the same time.

What did your lord achieve ???

I've given up on non-sorc characters other than DP/Manti onjes because they simply don't contribute enough to get their points back.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

He stood glaring spitefully at the Orcs running towards him?? :P

To be honest, I've generally always played an infantry army with little cavalry, but it's getting a little old, especially when I'm going to be facing the wonderful gunline army of death sooner or later. I'm beginning to consider things like Corsairs, more Dark Riders and possibly a big block of Cold One Knights, depending on how things go.

The 20 Spearmen however have always proved a reliable choice for me and on occasions have really done the damage far beyond their potential measure, so as a matter of principle I'm taking them :P. Musician for the Dark Riders... would be in there but I'm currently short of the model. But yeah I'll more than likely include one on the rewrite.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

I am a big fan of CoKs, though waiting a couple months for the new models is obviously an idea. Big fear causing units can do a mass of damage and cause autobreaks. Chariots are good as well, my hydra proxies in most games as a chariot.

Maybe corsairs or shades would be an addition worth looking at. Your list of course so whatever works for you. I hate the look of spear elves so just run RXB, but the new corsairs should convert to spear elves nicely.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Terrifying
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Terrifying »

i have played with lists that look a bit like this (change the BGs to Exe and remove the CC hero) and they work great against armies that have highcost troops like lizardmen.