2400pts

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

2400pts

Post by Bounce »

After coming last at another tournament, I am going to attempt to re jig my Dark Elf army again although many times I blame my own lack of experiance and any tactical skill. I still feel my army selection is letting me down.

Anyway at the next tourny I can choose between 2250pts or 2400pts with no Lord, I have chosen 2400points as in previous battles all my lord has done is get himself killed.

Noble-HA, SDC, Shield, Dark Pegasus, Sword of Might- 157
This guys main job is to take out enemy warmachines, skirmishers, fast cav, and support my other units with rear charges and marchblocking. I was unsure whther to go for the sword of might or just a lance, the SOM means he still has s5 if the pegasus dies and in the 2nd round of combat which could be handy and worth the extra points, I was also wondering if it would be worth putting a RXB on him?

Sorceress - Lv 2, DS, DSC, Lifetaker - 192
Sorceress - Lv 2, DS, TOF, SOG - 182
The girls ride around with the Dark Riders and zap things that are annoying me, Currently taking Lore of Death on both

5 Dark Riders - RXB -120
5 Dark Riders - RXB -120
5 Dark Riders - RXB -120
5 Dark Riders - RXB -120
5 Harpies - 65
These guys can play a variety of roles depending on what I am facing, Marchblocking, Bait and Flee, Shooting, Attacking skirmishers, other fast cav, Warmachines, Lone Characters and just generally being annoying

18 Corsairs - FC, - 205
20 Warriors - Shields, FC - 185
2 Chariots - Spears - 194
These guys form my main battle line and anvil and work together to get combo charges or hopefully at least hold until something else can get a flank or rear charge

5 COK - FC- 190
5 COK - 145

4 RBT - 400
This gives me what I hope is a very stable shooting base that has the ability to wipe out units of Knights or even Dragons if given the chance. Not sure whether to take some RXB instead but with this many models I will start to run out of board space sometimes!
Total:2395

Anyway, I hope this is somewhat better than my last list, constructive criticism welcomed!
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
Tolkar of har ganeth
Dark Rider

Post by Tolkar of har ganeth »

I like the list. But it has some flaws.

Your dark rider don't have musicians. This can be your downfall if you bait with them. The +1 Ld when rallying is just to important to miss. I would rekomend that you'd give them a musician.

Also there's the fact that your general is on pegasus flying toward the heart of the enemy army. Your pegasus noble isn't expensive, but will cost you a lot more if he dies, cause he MUST be the general. With twenty dark riders and five harpies I wouldn't care to much for warmachine hunting. But if you keep him I think you should keep the sword of might. It could be important if you happen to meet some cairn wraiths or other etherial creatures on the way.

You're anvils look kind of soft. There's much in the world that could destroy a unit of spearman or corsairs with ease. And with only two blocks of infantry you wont have a lot of field covered. I would advice on dropping a bolt trower and a unit of dark riders and get another infantry block to support the first two. Two just wont be enough.

The four bolt trowers may be a bit excessive though. Two or three should be enough.

The biggest concern to me is your general flying of and away from your army. The rest should be covered by your mobility and some bolt trowers. I'd say you should test it first and tell what happens so we can get a better idea of how you and your army works.
KILL!!!
Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

Thanks for the advice, Will add some Musicians for the DR

I concur that the anvil is pretty weak but with the list we have got I am not sure how to toughen it up, Perhaps a 2nd unit of Warriors? If anything it should take most armies a while to wade thru 3 big uniots of elven infantry and 2 chariots I would have thought. It is a bit of a pity that if the noble is on Pegasus the rest of the army can't use his leadership but I have found putting him with the rest of the army usually ends up in him not really killing anything.

Anyway Revised list
Noble-HA, SDC, Shield, Dark Pegasus, Sword of Might- 157
Sorceress - Lv 2, DS, DSC, Lifetaker - 192
Sorceress - Lv 2, DS, TOF, SOG - 182

5 Dark Riders Mus- RXB -127
5 Dark Riders Mus- RXB -127
5 Dark Riders - RXB -120
5 Dark Riders - RXB -120
5 Harpies - 65

20 Warriors Shields - 185
18 Corsairs - FC, - 205
20 Warriors - Shields, FC - 185
2 Chariots - Spears - 194

5 COK - FC- 190
5 COK - 145
2 RBT - 200
Total:2394
Any better?
I wish i could do some practicing with them but no one lives anywhere near me that plays warhammer, about 1 hour and a half to the nearest club.
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage