2000 points Tournament list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Izirath
Malekith's Personal Guard

2000 points Tournament list

Post by Izirath »

In about a months time, there will be held a tournament. I want to join up and do some killing in the name of the Witch King, so I have composed an army worthy of his name! :D Comments and critiques are welcome, the list may seem strange, but that's because it's an 'What-you-see-is-what-you-get' tournament and this is almost everything I can offer.

Highborn: on BD, Lance, Sh SDC, AoES, CoBi - 558

Sorceress: LV2, ToF, Seal - 170

DP noble: DP, SDC, HA, Lance, ShoG - 164

5 DR, rxb, mus - 127

5 DR, mus - 97

2X10 DE wars, rxb, sh. mus - 250

5 CoK, champ - 163

2X1 CoC, sp - 194

5 Shades - 70

2X1 RBT - 200

Total: 1993

PD: 5 DD: 4
Last edited by Izirath on Mon May 26, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nagathi wrote:Fighting fair is for High Elves.
~ Nag
No one
Noble

Post by No one »

seems good to me, hard hitting and fast however you should get rid of the warriors in favour of more DR and maybe lose the witches in favour of faster units.
however, ithink your dragon needs more protection like AoES and also you used the ES 2 times.
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Izirath

Post by Izirath »

Enchanted shield is an common magic item, which means I can take more than one time as it is an common enchantment.

I can't get more DR at this point, and that's the only unit that doesn't need painting, which I am thankful for, so they are staying. 40 RXB shots are good.
I could exchange the Witch elves for Shades, but where to put the points then?
If I give my Highborn AoES and keep CoBi, then he would have a 4+ AS, 5+ Ward, 4+ Save. Sure it's alot of saves, but would it be worth it? The models doesn't look like it's carrying Light armor either.
~ Nag
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

no one is right you can't take a magic item twice even a common one(in fact they use an example like this in the rulebook). List looks ok to me just looks a little fragile but then again what elf army isn't? Might wanna give the COK at least a standard to give them +1 to CR as your other 'hammers' don't have one with the points you save from the illegal ES.
Good luck in the tournament.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Izirath

Post by Izirath »

Ah ok, I edited the list. Added AoES and DS to a sorc. I can't put banner on the CoK as I have melted the lances on there, which means I can't remove them..
~ Nag
Fingorn
Warrior

Post by Fingorn »

In my opinion, it seems that your list isn't legal.
Your black dragon takes one hero choice. You have one lord and 4 heroes. I know that this point has alreday been discussed on the forum.
Izirath

Post by Izirath »

I quote the Dark elves armybook:

2,000 or more

Max total characters: 4

Max lords: 1

Max Heroes: 4

End of quote

I have 4 hero slots taken, and 1 Lord. I have filled all of them, what's the problem? A black dragon still isn't a character, it's a monster who takes up a hero slot, it's just a mount of the character, it's not the character. Characters don't mount each other (maybe in bed).
Comments?

I updated the list, did some changes this morning. Adding an assasin. He could be a nice surprise when a unit think he has got an easy target.
Alternatively I could remove the CoK unit and assasin, then adding two RBT and a Noble in the CoC.

What do you think?
~ Nag
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

Fingorn is right.

1 Character is 1 lord OR 1 hero, monster or not, each lord or hero takes a Character slot. Read the text correctly.

Edit: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=54216 from the rule discussion.
Izirath

Post by Izirath »

Damn, that's really retarded.. Thanks for finally making me realise it then. Damn.. I'll have to re-work this list. Any tips?

EDIT: I reworked the list yet another time, replaced WE with shades, and pimped my Noble with Shield of Ghrond which is kinda cool. In theory it gives him a 6+ save and +1 T, which rocks. Theoretical T4 elves! :D
~ Nag