2000 points vs. dwarfs

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Matjillam1
Slave (off the Altar)

2000 points vs. dwarfs

Post by Matjillam1 »

I'm playing a 2000 points game against a dwarf army.

It's mostly a fun game, so he won't bring all the evil stuff he has. He will bring a lot of fun units and so.

My list look like this right now:

10 warriors - 70
20 warriors Standard, mus, champ - 180
10 warriors 2XB - 110
10 warriors 2XB - 110

1 Highborn CO, lance, SDC, shield Blade of ruin - 225
1 sorceress lvl 1, CO Darkstar Cloak - 136
1 Sorceress lvl 2 - 130
1 noble BSB, Heavy Armour, SDC, shield - 107

1 RBT - 100
1 RBT - 100

10 Exe standard, mus, champ - 140
8 CO standard, mus, champ - 232
10 Exe - 110
10 witches - 130
Total: 1880

I'm thinking kinda of shooty/magic army with some infantry to flank his big slow dwarf regiments.

The lvl 1 sorceress and the Highborn will go in the CO-regiment.

Still 120 points to go. Thinking of putting in 5 DR with 2XB, perhaps find points for a dark steed for lvl 2 sorceress, so she can join in.

Any thoughts?

remember, I don't think he will make a stationary shooty army, but a more dynamic army :)
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Re: 2000 points vs. dwarfs

Post by Thanee »

MatJillam1 wrote:1 Highborn CO, lance, SDC, shield Blade of ruin - 225

No Lance when you have a magic weapon. You cannot use it, as you have to use the magic weapon. That said, maybe you want something with a bit more punch, like the Draich of Dark Power (and no Shield then, but maybe a Ward save in addition to the armour, like the Heartstone of Darkness or Black Amulet).

1 sorceress lvl 1, CO Darkstar Cloak - 136

It's pretty much never a good idea to have a Sorceress on Cold One.
Also, the level 1 is simply not powerful enough for offense, you need to upgrade her to level 2 (esp. against dwarves where magic defense is irrelevant and only offense is needed).

1 noble BSB, Heavy Armour, SDC, shield - 107

He could use the Cold One a lot better than the Sorceress.

I'm thinking kinda of shooty/magic army with some infantry to flank his big slow dwarf regiments.

Sounds good.

The lvl 1 sorceress and the Highborn will go in the CO-regiment.

See above. Also the level 1 is not a combat unit, she should not go into a regiment that wants to go into combat quickly.

Still 120 points to go. Thinking of putting in 5 DR with 2XB, perhaps find points for a dark steed for lvl 2 sorceress, so she can join in.

Well, first add a 2nd level to your level 1 Sorceress and get her off that Cold One (and on a Dark Steed). Then maybe upgrade the equipment on the Highborn. Remaining points could be used to bolster your regiments, I guess.

Bye
Thanee
Matjillam1
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Matjillam1 »

Okay, thx a lot for the critique :)

Very usefull :)
Khalan
Trainee Warrior

Post by Khalan »

Shooting dwarfs is kinda hard, because they often have a good as.
I would use som bigger units of fighters.
Matjillam1
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Matjillam1 »

Khalan wrote:Shooting dwarfs is kinda hard, because they often have a good as.
I would use som bigger units of fighters.

So you would drop the warriors with 2XB?
Khalan
Trainee Warrior

Post by Khalan »

No, I don't think so. They could be lucky and kill some dwarfs but jou kan't rely on them. I would take just 5 knights and take the witches away. and throw in som corsairs for exampel.
They maby domt have high strenght but they have lots of attacks so might kill something. and they have 4+ as against shooting.
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

I think it's not wise to try to kill Dwarves with mostly Repeating Crossbows, since most Dwarves has T4 and 4+ AS you'll get lucky if you kill enough to break the a 3rd rank before getting in combat.

Also, Dwarves are very good at magic defense so with 2 sorceress (a L2 and a L1) I doubt they will do anything. They already starts with 4 dispel dice and add 1 or 2 runes of dispel and he'll basicly screw your magic phase. Since he can't cast, I would go with just Nobles instead of using magic users against Dwarves.

You'll need more mobility, Dark Riders should be added, I would say 2 units so you might have a chance to get some flank or backstab. Also, you have nothing to hunt warmachines and they can be deadly. Your "fastest" unit is the unit of Cold One Knights and I don't think that you'll want use them as warmachines hunters since they will be your main punch.

Also, don't overestimate the speed of the Dwarves, they might have M3 but they can always march and you can't so a way or another, you won't be able to flank with infantries. That's why I suggested you to get 2 units od Dark Riders.

That's my opinion though ;)
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

Khalan wrote:No, I don't think so. They could be lucky and kill some dwarfs but you cant rely on them. I would take just 5 knights and take the witches away. and throw in some corsairs for example.
They may not have high strength, but they have lots of attacks so might kill something. And they have 4+ as against shooting.

Please take the time to go over your posts before you hit Submit and clean up some of the spelling mistakes in the future ok? We do not expect perfection but at least try ok?
Khalan
Trainee Warrior

Post by Khalan »

I will. I was in school and did'nt have the time to do it.
Jayferd22
Executioner

Post by Jayferd22 »

I would scrap your sorceress' completely. The points saved on them killing maybe 8 models in the game are better used somewhere else. Since it's a 2000 point game you have access to two rare slots so i'd grab 2 more RBT's if you have models. If not, add in a unit of corsairs in their place.
The time for critical thinking is becoming critical I think
Lasthobbit
Executioner

Post by Lasthobbit »

2000 dwarfs? So why do you need 2 sorceress? You may hope to overcome dwarven resistance - and you need something about 9-11 dices for it, or you could simply do not take sorceress at all and spend a points for the something hitty. I mean Pegasus-riding hero, Cok etc. And (IMO) rxb's could not make the DW crying (T4, good AS). RBT - could.
2 units of dark riders (without rxb) probably could break some regiments with combined charge, so you can take them to the party.
...__i___
...))))) r
.\OOOOO/
~~~~~~~~~
Aradan
Trainee Warrior

Post by Aradan »

If its going to be a fun game then why not drop the two casters and add in an assassin, they are quite fun to play with.
I am lord aradan all shall fear me or suffer the wrath of my Cold One's

Live Long, Die Hard