Very, Very, VERY Shooty List 2000 points

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kurt_wulfraign
Corsair

Very, Very, VERY Shooty List 2000 points

Post by Kurt_wulfraign »

Dread Lord, Pair of Rptr Handbows, mounted on a Dark Pegasus. Armour of Darkness, Pendant of Khaeleth, Calador's Bane,

Master, Pair of Rptr Handbows, Lance, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield mounted on a Dark Pegasus. Seal of Ghrond

Master, Pair of Rptr Handbows, Lance, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield mounted on a Dark Pegasus. Ring of Hotek

Sorceress LVL1. 2X Dispell Scrolls

11 Warriors with Reapeter Crossbows, Shields and a Musician
5 Dark Riders with Reapeter Crossbows and a Musician
5 Dark Riders with Reapeter Crossbows and a Musician
6 Harpies
6 Harpies

7 Shades with Great Weapons; Assasin inside, with Manebane and Rending Stars

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers
2 Reaper Bolt Throwers

3 Pwer Dice;
4 Dispell Dice (2 Scrolls + Ring)
60 Models
1995 points

The Pegasus Traide hunts down enemy shooting and War Machines. The Dark Riders take care of Fast Cav, as do the Shades and the Assasin. The Harpies Marchblock and Stall, while the 4 Bolt Throwers take down Heavy Monsters and/or mows down infantry. What do you think?

greeting;
Kurt
"The most powerfull weapon of mass destruction: the human mind." - Prof. Adam Zaghmeir (my Proffessor Advanced Fysics)
Lodark
Cold One Knight

Post by Lodark »

Looks pretty good, but you may struggle a lot against more CC orientated armies.

Manebane, that sounds nasty. :lol:
Alshar Calaelen
WS: 3
S: 5
T: 4
D: 3
I: 3

Equipment:
Repeater Crossbow, Dagger, shield and light armour.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

If you are going to do shooty, this is the way to do it.

I'm glad you did not make the mistake I've seen a lot of others make of taking only static shooting troops. You have plenty of troops that can march block and harass to slow the enemy advance, giving your shooters time to shoot.

Your combat ability is pretty limited. I think that a couple chariots would fit well in the list to try to finish off enemies that make it through the hail of fire. Plus, they do have crossbows, so they are shooters as well. I would consider droipping the assassin and 1 bolt thrower for a pair of chariots.
Truly These are the End Times ...