2000pt gt army ready for testing, any ideas??

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Grez90
The Tamer of Sea Dragons

2000pt gt army ready for testing, any ideas??

Post by Grez90 »

Ok everyone, i have been thinking a lot about this list since my last topic, and have finalised my army to test.

supreme sorceress 315pts
lvl4
black staff

sorceress 160pts
lvl2
sacrificial dagger

sorceress 150pts
lvl2
tome of furion

24 warriors 159pts
full command

19 warriors 148pts
full command, shields

5 dark riders 85pts

5 harpies 55pts
5 harpies 55pts

5 cold one knights 135pts
5 cold one knights 135pts

14 black guard 252pts
full command
standard of hag graef

war hydra 175pts
war hydra 175pts

total 1999pts

the idea is to put the supreme sorceress in the black guards, and put the other sorceress's in each warrior unit, or both in the unit of 24 (depending on the opponent)
the harpies will protect the black guard from shooting in the first turn if i lose the roll off, if i win, then they go off and stand infront of the artillery, ready to charge next turn.
the setup is going to be something like this..

cold ones..hydra..warriors..harpies..harpies..warriors..hydra..cold ones
dark riders black guard

the dark riders may go on opposite side, and 1 unit of hapies may protect a cold one unit, if the other unit can cover the black guard. in my first turn i move the harpies to block the LOS of artillery and magic, and to allow my mage to cast.
however if the artillery is on a hill, then the harpies chase them into combat, and my mages cast chillwind to stop shooting.

I am testing this list at the bristol bash tournament, I would like opinions on what people would change, but ATM their is reasoning behind my current choices, so people would need to convine me a lot to change an item.
So unleash the barrage of savage druchii generals.
Nazgual
Dark Rider

Post by Nazgual »

Are you intending to play this list offensive or defensive. If the latter then I would swap the 19 warrior unit for a unit with RxBs.

I like the item setup, the Black staff should be good in a magic heavy list. But why not any scrolls. A swap for 10 RxB should save you points for a scroll to stop the game braking spell.

Joust my two cents. I like the list, but I think that RxB would be better in a list with this kind of magic. Two big blocks plus the cold one and hydras should be enough combat power.

Best of luck in the GT :P
Nightblade183
Assassin

Post by Nightblade183 »

I'd drop a unit of COKs for a unit of DR and a unit of harpies, Maybe taking out a command figure in order to get the points. But it might be fine the way it is. 5 Heavy hitting CC units and 2 soft anvils with potent magic and decent maneuverability makes me think this list should do fine. Cheers!
...__i___
...))))) r
.\OOOOO/
~~~~~~~~~
We can't possibly be the only people on this forum who love plundering and pillaging can we? Come join the Brotherhood of The Coast, and raid til your heart's content.

Beeing ilitterit makes dis forem stewpid

8th Edition Game Tally
W/L/D
2/1/1
Grez90
The Tamer of Sea Dragons

Post by Grez90 »

i have been thinking of dropping a cold one unit for 5 dark riders and 2 scrolls, this is something i'm going to have to test.
and in response to the offensive/defensive play, the idea is to go forward with all units bar the 2 units of warriors, which hold my objectives/table quarters, and can cast dark magic into combat, or cast long range spells such as chillwind, doombolt, word of pain, bladewind or black horror, soulstealer would only be used by the supreme sorceress due to its low range, unless th enemy was fast moving and could get to the warriors, in which case i would consider it if i got it.
Godless-mimicry
Noble

Post by Godless-mimicry »

This list in infinitely better than the last one and looks very good
but I do agree with Nightblade about the COK for DR and Harpies.
List should be perfect then. If you can get RXBs on the DR too.
Let us know how the test games go.
-Godless-

Tally:

New Chaos Warriors W12 D0 L3

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Grez90
The Tamer of Sea Dragons

Post by Grez90 »

well i really would like 2 units of cok, but am willing to drop it for dark riders and 2 scrolls.
i really want to use lore of shadows with the lvl2 with tome of furion, to try and get unseen lurker, this means i'll move cold ones round the side of a unit, and charge them in with unseen lurker.
it might be a tactic that works brilliantly, especially if i run them with a hydra for support.
i will consider swapping them for dark riders and harpies, but theres only 1 problem, i need the models lol.
i'll try them with the 2 unit of dark riders n extra harpies in a test game, and if it works, then i'll have to buy the models.
Godless-mimicry
Noble

Yea Unseen Lurker is such a good spell, and oh well, if you don't
roll it, you could roll Pit of Shades instead :twisted:
-Godless-

Tally:

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Grez90
The Tamer of Sea Dragons

Post by Grez90 »

yep, its like, i want a spell, and end up with something better.
the other thing i like, is getting the basic spell, and sending myself acroos the board and casting crown of taidron, which is every unit within 12". could be quite effective against non shooty armies
Godless-mimicry
Noble

A great combo when you get it
-Godless-

Tally:

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Grez90
The Tamer of Sea Dragons

Post by Grez90 »

yeh well i'll be very unlucky to not get any of crown, unseen lurker or pit of shades with the tome of furion