2250 Elf war!!! (just a little scared)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gladerider
Trainee Warrior

2250 Elf war!!! (just a little scared)

Post by Gladerider »

Hello my Druchii brethren,

I know its been awhile but I have been very busy as of late. Now that I have the book I am back and ready to rumble. I have been playing for over a year but am still considered a rookie compared to my opponent, not to mention I have strayed from Druchii for a couple of months while I was waiting for the new book. So I feel that I am a little rusty.

None the less, I am going to face an extremely tough High Elf army next week and I fear for my troops! Any help that I can receive will be very much appreciated.

Here is the list that I will be running:
Lv 4, dagger and pearl,
Master, BSB, soulrender, armor of darkness,
Assassin, xtra hand weapon, rending stars, rune of khaine,

19 spearman, (naked), champ, (on the off chance), Lv 4 here,
10 rxb w/shields
10 rxb w/shields
13 corsairs, sea serpent standard, master here, (deployed 2x7),
5 harpies,

1 cold one chariot,
1 cold one chariot,
14 witch elves, fc, witchbrew, banner of murder, assassin here, (deployed 2x7),
18 black guard, fc, standard of hag graef, (deployed 3x6)

2 war hydras,

Now I am not exact but this is a rough idea of what I will be facing:

Tough BSB, battle banner, (not sure on rest)
Scroll caddy,

10 archers,
15 spearman,

14 white lions, (deployed 2x7),
1 lion chariot,
1 lion chariot,
6 dragon princes, bsb here, (on lions, cool conversions),

1x2 maneaters,
2 great eagles,

First off I would like to know what you think of my list, second how might it be changed to become more of an all comers list, and finally what type of strategy could I use to face these dreaded High Elves. Some tactical suggestions would be very helpful to me for I am pretty weak in that area.

As I said above I need to make this list an all comers list, and I feel that it is made strictly for High Elves. I am kind of uncomfortable with this and besides I might have to face VC, Woodies, or even some Beasts of chaos. I think that if I try to change the list I will not be able to handle the High Elves. I haven’t had a chance to play yet so I could be underestimating the strength of my army.

I am a little scared of the High Elf army. I don’t feel that hatred was a fair trade for asf and reroll psychology. Don’t get me wrong I am not crying about the book I love it and I believe that I can do wonders against anyone else except High Elves.

I’m sorry for the length of this post but I really need help. Any suggestions, criticisms, critiques, and/or complaints would be greatly appreciated.

I thank you all in advance my Drutchii
I am Druchii Master, hear me roar!

"If the day after tomorrow was yesterday three days ago, what would tomorrow be?"
Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

It may be just me but that High Elf list just seems a lot bigger than your list.

Generally though, the Black Guard are good especially with the Banner against High Elves as well as generally.

I wouldn't advise taking the Witches. Even with the assasin there will still be lots of White Lions attacking back and murdering your defenceless witches.

The chariots are really good, especially against High Eloves as they get their impact hits first.

I am not sure about the BSB with the small corsair unit, too much chance of them just getting wiped out. I would stick the master with the Black Guard.

I would also invest in Dark Riders with RXB as these guys are awesome can flank/march block/ take out the eagles whatever and are now even cheaper!
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

Have you thought about dropping the witches for a unit of knights. They would stand up a little better to ASF from the high elves. If you gave them armor piercing, they could really do some damage, even to knights.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Gladerider
Trainee Warrior

Post by Gladerider »

WOW!!! Thanks for all the replys. You guys are great! NOT!!!
I am Druchii Master, hear me roar!

"If the day after tomorrow was yesterday three days ago, what would tomorrow be?"
Jrg
Executioner

Post by Jrg »

im pretty sure a BSB cant have any other magic items, but i may be wrong
Somwhere out there is Inquisitor Horatio Caine investigating cults of slaanesh
Caine looks around seeing bits of cultists on the ground
Inq Caine: Well it looks like these cultists
*puts on glasses*
Inq Caine: Have gone to pieces
No one
Noble

Post by No one »

JRG wrote:im pretty sure a BSB cant have any other magic items, but i may be wrong

he can have magical equipment exept when he is bearing a magical standard
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Daicon
Corsair

Post by Daicon »

Some manbane on the assassin would help the rending stars cause some chariot explosions, which would be very nice considering you believe your opponent will come with two lion chariots.
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Gladerider: Sometimes it takes a while for people to reply to the thread. Not everyone checks the site everyday. Next time try to be a little more patient, and the replies will come.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ