2000pts Quick Break list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Jrg
Executioner

2000pts Quick Break list

Post by Jrg »

This army is ment to break the enemy on the first round of combat as much as possibly, so needs to be fast. Ive missed out magic to give me more points for units but have included some magic defence. Im a bit unsure on the equipment for the Death Hag but do want her for the ASF banner for the executioners. This isnt a finished list so open to any suggestions as i dont own any models and im just considering armys. so if you feel i need chariots or hydras please say now before i buy. I will be against chaos alot of the time (a Mix of all three armys) and he likes his 12 warriors and beastmen as well as slannesh/khrone. Any comments are welcome

Heroes
DreadLord
HA, Shield, CO, Death Piercer, Pendent of Khaeleth, 245pts
General of army, joins CoK giving them a very powerful charge, kills ranks and characters

Death Hag
BSB, ASF banner, Rune of Khaine, Witch Brew 200pts
Will join Executioners, giving them lots of added punch and survivability

Sorceress
x2 Dispel Scroll 150pts
Dispels Spells

Core
20 Warriors
Standard, Musician, war banner 174pts
Main block of troops, will hold units so they can be flanked, provides high SCR.

10 Crossbowmen
shields, Musician 115pts
Provide support for warriors, can fight too

10 Crossbowmen
Shields 110pts

5 Dark Riders
Rxb, Musician 117pts
Harassment, march block, flank charge, and sacifice if needed

5 Dark Riders
Rxb, Musician 117pts

Special
7 Shades
GWs, 126pts
Mage hunting, march blocking, take out small units

13 Executioners
Full Cmd, Banner of Murder 211pts
Support charge with warriors. with Hag, Try and break units can hold out on own for some turns

5 CoKs
Full Cmd, Standard of Slaughter, Dread Knight - Ring of Hotek 235pts
Take out any elite troops/hopefully break in one turn

Rare
1 Reaper Bolt Thrower @ 100pts

1Reaper Bolt Thrower @ 100pts

Total:2000pts
Somwhere out there is Inquisitor Horatio Caine investigating cults of slaanesh
Caine looks around seeing bits of cultists on the ground
Inq Caine: Well it looks like these cultists
*puts on glasses*
Inq Caine: Have gone to pieces
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

This is a decent list. Remember to use your shooting to whittle down units via priotized improtance. Then you will have a better chance of breaking them on the charge. Remember that while many of your units hit hard, they will still need support. Don't rely on any unit to break through on its own.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Jrg
Executioner

Post by Jrg »

Cheers for the comment, But would the list be better with the addition of maybe chariot/s or a Hydra.

Also now my opponent has decided to just go for Magic Heavy Beastman, he plans on fielding about 4 herds of 10 gors and ungors (4 gors and 6 ungors), 3 Trolls, a Gaint, 12-14 bestigors, 2x5 bloodhounds(or whatever there called) chariot/s and about 3 lvl 2 shamans and and a lvl 4 shaman. so if anyone know good ways of killing beastmen advice will be much appreciated.
Cheers
*puts on glasses*
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

First of all, if he runs his herds in the manner you speak of he is fielding an illegal list. gors and ungors must field at least 5 each. Thus, a 5/5 mix is the minimum you can get. Also, when Beasts go magic heavy, they forsake good leadership. a lvl. 4 shaman is only leadership 7, I believe. Use your shooting to panic things. Leave the trolls be as they will be stupid most of the game. The hounds can't hit worth anything. My priority would be on killing the giant and chariots first. Then move on to panicking the units housing mages. Also remember, as any conventional lore goes, the shaman will be throwing multiple dice at spells, so the ring of hotek will shut down a lot if you position the CoK well.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Jrg
Executioner

Post by Jrg »

Well hes pretty able to make a legal list so it was probably just me getting it wrong. Well i played a game against him the other day and he had 4 herds (at base cost) and used the ambush abillity (well some quite lucky rolls) and manage to get rear charges on my warriors, Crossbowmen and took out one of my RBT (quite annoy that). He also fields a wargor with a mark of Tzeentch making him a lvl two sorcerer, and then gives them a item which gives him the bear spell form lore of beasts and casts it on him self then join the tolls, this makes them pretty tough
*puts on glasses*
Joyfulcheese
Dark Rider

Post by Joyfulcheese »

If you're fighting beastmen, as has been mentioned their leadership isn't terribly great so having a dragon and/or a hydra moving about causing terror could be quite useful. Assassins would be quite useful as well as there's pretty much nothing in their army that could go toe to toe with them. But if points don't allow and you don't mind taking a special character, Lokhir Felheart would have fun with some of those large blocks of gors/ungors :)
"Beware the fury of a patient man"

Utharn N'Gal - Disciple of Khaine

Stats: WS - 4 S - 3 I - 5 T - 2 D - 4

Equipment - Short Sword, dagger, small quantity of poison (2 uses), travelling cloak