(New) DE 2k

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Taikoubou
Trainee Warrior

(New) DE 2k

Post by Taikoubou »

Here is an army I wrote down and I wanted to see what other had to say about it.

Lord
Moratha - Darksword, Blackstaff - 525pt

Heroes
Sorceress Lv. 2 - Dispel Scroll Dark Cloak - 185pt

Core
DE Warriors 15 - Full Comand - 120pt
DR 5 - 85pt
DR 5 - 85pt
Harpies 5 - 55pt
Harpies 5 - 55pt

Special
Black Guard 15 - Full Command - 230
Black Guard 15 - Full Command - 230

Rare
War Hydra - 175
War Hydra - 175

Here is my army. I have 80 points left for 2k I was thinking either 8 Witch Elve's or give my Dark Riders RXB's. I wanted to have at least 1 assassin in there but with 80 points I am kinda shy 10 points and I don't know what to take 10 points from to get an assassin if it is the better choice.

Any advice would be welcome

P.S. - I know by putting the Hag Queen in there people might have another choice for me. My opinion is she gives me the magic i need for dispelling and decent magic. She has 10 Leadership rather then 9 that the Supreme Sorceress has and she is on a Dark Pegasus with better stats then the normal Dark Pegasus even if it is just 1 more attack (Don't remember).
Hulkster
Beastmaster

Post by Hulkster »

X-Bows on the DR
I love you
Evilbadger
Trainee Warrior

Post by Evilbadger »

id go for the standard of hag graef in one of the BG units, and field it 7 wide 2 deep??
and as Hulkster said.. RXB's!!! thats 5 points too much.. maybe drop the warrior lordling or a muso in a BG unit..??
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

I agree with hulkster on getting the crossbows on your Dr as a priority. Also, I would drop the dark sword on Morathi for heartrender. It is more effective at wounding. Finally, I would go ahead and beef up that warrior block to 19 or 20 depending on if you plan on housing your sorceress there.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Taikoubou
Trainee Warrior

Hmm

Post by Taikoubou »

Yah that is what I thought from the beginning with the DR with RXB. That lance for the Hag Queen is 45 so that is another 20 points for that (so the lance is better the sword? Do I really want her in close combat being a magic user). What if I put the sorceress in the Black Guard and give her Focus Familiar instead of the Dispel Scroll or the Dark Cloak? I would like to keep the +1 dice to her casting, but I might need to keep the Dispel Scroll. I would think she would be safer in the Blackguard because of there stubborn and Immune to Phys.

So would it be better to change magic items for the sorceress and put her into the Black Guard or keep the same items and still put her into the BG group (Purpose for changeing items in the Black Guard group is so she can be in the back of the pack and still cast her spells because she does have the Focus Familiar with her).

or

Buff up the warrior and and put the sorceress in there.

P.S. - I would never take the musican out of a group. It would have saved my butt so much if I had one in my other builds in either Dark Elves or any other one I had played before