Points denial - ETC tournament list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Corum jhaelen irsei
Trainee Warrior

Points denial - ETC tournament list

Post by Corum jhaelen irsei »

This list's purpose is to deny victory points to your opponent. Unfortunately due to the ETC restrictions I can't have two same RARE choices or three same SPECIAL choices. Any comments are welcome :)

CHARACTERS
Supreme Sorceress (Lvl 4, Focus Familiar, 3 Dispel scrolls) = 360
Sorceress (Lvl 2, Lifetaker, Power stone) = 185
Sorceress (Lvl 2, Guiding eye, Dispel scroll) = 185
Assassin (Manbane, Rune of khaine, Cloak of twilight)
= 176
Assassin (Manbane, Rune of khaine, Cloak of twilight)
= 176

CORE
5 Dark riders (Spear, Xbow) = 110
10 Crossbowmen = 100

SPECIAL
10 Shades (Xbow, Great weapon) = 180
10 Shades (Xbow, Great weapon) = 180

RARE
War Hydra = 175
2 RBT = 200

TOTAL = 2247
One-s
Beastmaster

Post by One-s »

How do you plan to protect your characters?
You only have shades or crossbowmen to hide them in. Maybe some terrain.
I don't see how you plan to play points denial with this list.
Could you explain?
Burizan
Beastmaster

Post by Burizan »

Same questions as above.

Additionally you cant have two cloaks of twilight in an army because they are magic items.

I also recommend putting musos on the dark riders, and shields on the xbowmen
Bassman76
Highborn

Post by Bassman76 »

Mmmmh, not a master tactician but if someone stops your magic you do not have real threats. With my Chaos Dwarfs I'd reduce your magic effectiveness to an acceptable level for me and bomb you to death with bolt throwers, rocket and shaker.
Once I've killed the hydra I cannot really see threats.
But as I told you I'm not a smart tactician and maybe I cannot see something. :?
when you go down, go down fighting!!

if you hang around Milan:

www.milantour.net

Special cultural events in Milan? Pretige locations for your company?

www.milanoarte.net
Bounce
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bounce »

I believe the list isn't designed to be threatning but evasive. If you really want points denial though I would drop the RXB warriors and take some Harpies and put all the Sorceresses on pegasi or Dark Steeds. Also i would give the Dark Riders Musicians as you will want to do some fleeing and rallying is critical
"I will embrace death without regret as I embrace life without fear"
ImageImageImage
Victor simic
Highborn

Post by Victor simic »

I see where your going with this list, but there seems to be a major problem with the Characters. Yes, the Assassins hit hard, but you basically have over 1000 pts. tied up in vulnerable Characters with no Armour Save. That`s dangerous waters in a supposedly VP denial list.

Apart from the Hydra, not much can take any damage. Nothing has an AS better than 5+, and that`s just the Dark Riders. Very fragile indeed. I know our whole Army is vulnerable, but there are measure that can be taken to reduce this vulnerability.

Sure, you can blitz your opponent with Magic and Missiles for a turn or two, but CC will be a nightmare. You will have to significantly reduce the enemy with RBT, Rxb, and Magic attacks over no more than two turns before the crunch. The Shades and Hydra should inflict some damage as well. Trouble is, Magic and Missile fire are fickle allies. One dud round of Magic and Shooting, and things are looking grim.

I think you have the makings of a good list, it just needs more resilient options to last out a battle. Your Characters are just too flimsy.

Keep going though, the bones of the list aren`t bad. I would just throw in some COK`s, COC`s, or even Corsairs for the Armour Saves. You just need a unit or two that will hang around a bit to give your Mages time to do their thing.
Be happy, and ye shall be wise