My First "Competitive" DE List- 1000 pts

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Hasdrubal
Warrior

My First "Competitive" DE List- 1000 pts

Post by Hasdrubal »

Although I've played DE for almost a year now, I've never played them competitively. I'm a skaven player by trade and find the ability to toss away cheap 40 point units to further my own ends extremely gratifying and advantageous. But, obviously, you dont have that kind of "sacrificial" room in a DE army (I always thought DE should have an equivalent to skaven's clanrat slaves though).

Anyway, now that I got way off track, I just wanted to get a little feed back on my list. The first couple of weeks will have 1k point armies competing against one another. I'm having a little bit of a problem in that I can't really take a master without focusing too many of my points in one unit. Here's what I mean if I had the Master in my army...

Master (Gen): GW, HA, SDC - 92
Sorceress (lvl2): Sacri. Dagger - 160

Warriors x 20 w/ SB & musc - 129
Dark Riders x 5 - 85
Shades x 5 -80
Executioners x12 - 144
Cold One Knights x 5 - 135
War Hydra x 1 - 175

Total points = 1000
Power Dice = 4
Dispel Dice = 3
Model # = 52

Now originally my plan was to put the sorceress in the warriors and the master with the executioners. But... doh!... he isnt a khainite character (right?) so the Master cant go into that unit.

So what to do?

My idea, an assassin! Have him pop up right next to the Sorceress and (hopefully) kill most of those in base contact with her. Id probably drop an executioner or two to get him an additional hand weapon and maybe a low level poison.

Good idea? bad idea? Also, let it be known I'm not looking to min/max my army. I choose the units i like (the new war hydra model and executioners being my two favorites). I'm just looking for a little tweaking to make everything mesh. Thanks for all the help :)
DE: 17 Wins 9 Losses 6 Draws
3 Game Winning Streak!
9-2-1 with new book
8-7-5 with old book

"Forget the wounded, step over the dead, and fight on."

-Hasdrubal
Jrg
Executioner

Post by Jrg »

quite a hard hitting force i must say. not alot of range, but enough for this points level. a few things i would advise is possibly adding on 5 more men to the warriors to make sure when they get to combat they will have their 3 ranks still in tacked, and like you said drop the master for a cheap Assassin just to reak havoc. Possibly put him in the shades, with rending stars. Up to you.
;)
Somwhere out there is Inquisitor Horatio Caine investigating cults of slaanesh
Caine looks around seeing bits of cultists on the ground
Inq Caine: Well it looks like these cultists
*puts on glasses*
Inq Caine: Have gone to pieces
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

I actually agree with assassin addition, but I would put him in the executioners. His strike first would allow him to thin down anything that might hurt the executioners since they attack last. Also, have you considered adding crossbows to the DR? That would really bolster your magic phase.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com