Dark Elves - 1000pts

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Mr.silly
Slave on the Altar

Dark Elves - 1000pts

Post by Mr.silly »

Hey, new to this forum, just thought I would start with a list I was considering.

Heroes
Master - Cold One, Heavy Armor, SD Cloak, Shield, Deathpiercer = 135

Sorceress - Darkstar Cloak = 125

Core
20 Spearmen - Shields, FC = 155

12 Corsairs - Reaver + Musician = 135

10 Repeater Crossbowmen = 100

Specia
5 Cold One Knights - FC = 175

Rare
War Hydra = 175

TOTAL = 1000

Master joins CoK's, Soceress joins Spearmen

Thoughts?
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

This looks decent, although I usually feel better if my characters can maintain high strength attacks even if static. If the CoK don't break their opponents on the charge, you are relegated to a whole slue of S4 attacks. For one less armor save (2+ instead of 1+), you can trade deathpiercer for the crimson death and have S6 attacks at all times. This will ultimately make the CoK more survivable I believe.

Otherwise this army looks great and should cause som major headaches.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

You need to make the sorc lvl 2

You have no screen trooops or mobile troops at the mopment. I would skip the corsairs for the moment and:

make you sorc lvl 2 with the Tomb of Furion and Lifetaker,

increase your RXB to 12/15 and give them shields and a muso, your sorc goes here, and

add 5 harpies, you might have to drop some of the command on the CoK if you need pointt.

The result should be a little more dangerous and the sorc won't be completely worthless.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Dagger of assassination
Corsair

Post by Dagger of assassination »

Yeah like already said your sorceress really needs that second lvl and i think the tome of furion is best in this situation. I dont use cold one knights much because i like chariots more and they are good against high elves. War hydra is good but if you face gunline list in really big open terrain your hydra is dead if you dont pass regeneration test(or enemy fails). I think this list would be pretty good against daemons of chaos.

But why corsairs?
Through Hatred All Things Are Possible!
kynthuithalkein!
3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.