First 2250pt list with the new book.

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gree
Trainee Warrior

First 2250pt list with the new book.

Post by Gree »

This is my first planned list with the new army book. I’m thinking of doing this instead of High Elves after I finish my vampire counts.

''Host of the Black Marshal of Naggarond 1st division''

Dark Elf Dreadlord Ra’hallaz ''Black Marshal of Naggarond'' (Goes with Cold one knights)
Cold One
Pendant of Kaelith
Potion of Strength
Sword of Battle
Heavy Armor
Shield
Sea Dragon Cloak
250pts

Sorceress Lyanda (Joins Crossbowmen)
Darkstar Cloak
Power Stone
Level 2
185pts

Sorceress Calinda (Joins Spearmen)
Level 2
Sacrifcal Dagger
Power Stone
185pts

19 Dark Elf Warriors ''The Skypeircers''
Full Command
Shields
155pts

10 Dark Elf Warriors ''The Deathrain''
Repeater crossbows
100pts

20 Black Ark Corsairs ''Reavers of the Black ark''
Sea Seprent Banner
Full Command
250pts

Assasin ''the Nameless One'' (Corsairs)
Extra Hand Weapon
Rune of Kahine
Manbane
146pts

5 Dark Riders ''The Swift Death''
Repeater Crossbow
Musician
117pts

5 Harpies ''Khaine's wings''
55pts

5 Cold One Knights ''Bloodwrath Knights''
Full Command
Banner of Cold Blood
190pts

18 Black Guard ''Fist of Malekith''
Full Command- Kouran
Banner of Hag Graef
355pts

5 Shades ''The Stalkers''
Great Weapons
90pts

War Hydra ''Crusher-Destroyer''
175pts

2250pts

Advance with Black Guard and spearmen as anvil units while Corsairs and Cold One Knights flank, other elements shoot and skirmish.
Last edited by Gree on Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gree
Trainee Warrior

Post by Gree »

With no replies should I assume that this list is perfect and move on?
Elfik
Assassin
Location: Victoria, BC, on the Western shores of the New World

Post by Elfik »

Well for starters the list would be much easier to read with some organization. Characters together etc.
I'd suggest your spearmen be larger so you can sacrifice and still fight if need be. Also Kouran isn't worth the pts. You don't have a BSB but even if your dreadlord is within 12 inches, that's an 11/12 chance of holding on stubborn. More importantly, Kouran can be killed by a unit champion, and then you lose unbreakable anyway.
People say "insert problem" but it's better to say "insert improvement"
Kheel
Noble

Post by Kheel »

5 Dark Riders with mu and xbows doesn't cost 127p, they cost 117

another thing i was thinking of is to drop 2 corsairs and make the unit 6x3 for the extra attacks, well worth it

i would also try to include dispel dices for the most desperate dispels. There are just some spells that you cant let go passed

for the black guards, i have tried kouran, and i thought it was overpriced, a regular champion with crimson death performs as well with ASF banner. I would buy more harpies for the extra points saved there and from corsairs and also from the points from dark riders. 3x5 units would work really good in this army. The extra mobility will let you take care of more warmachines and the unprotected mages sitting in units or walking around alone. It is well worth sacrificing 5 harpies to land 6 attacks on a mage, with 3 or less wounds, most of them have T3, so it isn't too hard to kill them in this way.
//Kheel

Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.
Nick7356
Warrior

Post by Nick7356 »

Kheel wrote:i would also try to include dispel dices for the most desperate dispels. There are just some spells that you cant let go passed

I think u mean Dispell Scrolls. I would drop a power stone or 2 for dispell scrolls, 4 dispell dice at 2250 will not cut it. If u play VC with lord Mannfred or Orges with 2 or 3 Butchers ur done.
----------W/L/D
Dwarfs 72/24/29
Skaven(OLD) 19/7/4
Skaven(NEW) 3/0/3
Dark Elves 24/4/4
Lizardmen 3/0/0
Gree
Trainee Warrior

Post by Gree »

Thank you for your replies. I will consider them.

Elfik, only the Cold One knights were out of order. Assasins are not lord/heroes, they are a core choice.
Tigtoad
Hydra Lord

Post by Tigtoad »

Drop power stones for dispells

Your general doesn't really hit that hard and is expensive. I'd almost rather go with the named hero and drop the cold blood banner.. or retool your general to hit a bit harder.

You underpriced your assassin by 10

You over priced your dark riders by 10.

I'd find 10 to give your shields xbows. Its awesome.

I'd really like to get you more fast elements and / or some bolt throwers, but I don't see how without cutting the corsairs. At least, wedge another harpy group or 3 into the iist.
Gree
Trainee Warrior

Post by Gree »

Thank you TigToad for the imput, I edited the list.

As for the general, 5 Strength 7 attacks with hatred on the charge seems pretty strong to me. Of course I have not played him yet.

Should I change him to Malus? To be honest I really don't like Malus fluffwise or to much modelwise, his rules are fine.

I don't really like bolt throwers they never did much in my gaming group when I faced off with my friends DE with my VC. But I will try ot see what I can do with the harpies.

I will drop the power stones for dispel scrolls, thank you.

I am also comteplating switching the Black Guard in for 17 executioners and a BSB with the ASF Banner, seems to be pretty nasty to me.
Nick7356
Warrior

Post by Nick7356 »

Gree wrote:
I don't really like bolt throwers they never did much in my gaming group when I faced off with my friends DE with my VC.

Ya I know what you mean, if all you have to shoot at is skele's or zombies their not that good.
----------W/L/D
Dwarfs 72/24/29
Skaven(OLD) 19/7/4
Skaven(NEW) 3/0/3
Dark Elves 24/4/4
Lizardmen 3/0/0
Gethsemane
Executioner

Post by Gethsemane »

Gree wrote:I am also comteplating switching the Black Guard in for 17 executioners and a BSB with the ASF Banner, seems to be pretty nasty to me.

Just remember that if you do this it will have to be a Death Hag BSB since a Master cannot join Executioners due to not being Khainite.
aka DarkTyrany22

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.