With Hate, all things are possible (2250Dark Elves)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dooks dizzo
Shade

With Hate, all things are possible (2250Dark Elves)

Post by Dooks dizzo »

Let me start by saying that I am a brand new Dark Elf player, so please be gentle. I am rather new to Fantasy, I've played a bit with Ogres and it did not go well. :)

I am looking for a lot of advice and I thank everyone in advance for the input. At the moment I have my hands on just two units of models, so I have lots of flexibility that way.

The thing that got me into the Druchii army is Malus Darkblade. After reading the books, I just had to play him on the field. (The books may not be the best written, but as charactors go, Malus is the man.)

So I recognize that Malus might not be the best choice, but without him the army loses something for me.

=Hero=
Malus Darkblade
Spite

=Special=
Cold One Knights x 5

Any suggestions on how to trick these guys out? I am thinking full command, but should I give them a Magic Standard? What about a Magic Weapon for the Champ?

Those are the models I actually have on hand. Malus works great with the Knights because he stops them from being Stupid which has to be plus.

Should I go for a lot of Magic after that? Supreme Sorceress and a couple of level 2's? Or maybe go for an all martial beat down style list?

Things I am looking at that I like:

Reaper Bolt Throwers (at least 2)
War Hydra

The Hydra is just cool, but would 2 more bolt throwers be better?

For core...I just don't know. I am not really a big fan of weak units, even in high numbers and such. My tendancy is to just min out on core and focus on hard hitters, but I recognize that might not be a good idea.

Adding another unit or two of Cold Ones might work for me. I like some of the other Special choices, but none of them are fast (except maybe the Chariot).

Heroes wise, I am a big fan of powerful Magic and strong melee ability, so it's kind of a split, leaning towards whatevers more effective.

I know I am asking a lot and being pretty vague over all but any help is really appreciated.
It's sad that a family can be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs - Jack Handy
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Falconrider
Corsair

Post by Falconrider »

This is my 2250 list that has some of the units that you have outlined you want to use. You could easily make changes and include Malius. I highly recommend the Cauldron as it both works as a BSB and most important provides a nice buff to units within 24". You can tailor the buff depending on whats happening during the battle. Extra attack on Cold on Knights is awesome, as is killing blow on ASF Blackguard. The ward save is handy on Blackguard in turns you wont be seeing combat. Another sneaky use is to give the Shades an extra attack. 14 WS5 S5 reroll attacks breaks most units quite easily.

Level 4 Supreme Sorceress 350
Black Staff
Pendant

Level 2 Sorceress 197
2 Scrolls
Dark Steed

Death Hag 225
COB BSB

Core
10 RXB 110
Shields

5 Dark Riders 117
RXB Muso

20 Spearmen 155
Full Com

5 Harpies 55

Special
18 Blackguard 329
Full Com ASF Crim Dth

6 Cold Ones 211
Std/Muso War Ban

7 Shades 126

Rare
Hydra 175

2 RBT 200

Total 2250pts
Dooks dizzo
Shade

Post by Dooks dizzo »

Cool, thanks for that.

Here's an updated version of the list.

=Lord=
Supreme Sorceress
Black Staff

=Heroes=
Malus Darkblade
Spite

Hag Queen
Cauldron of Blood

Level 2 Sorceress
Dispell scroll
Sacrificial Dagger

=Core=
Repeater Crossbows x 10
Repeater Crossbows x 10

Spearmen x 15

=Special=
Cold One Knights
Full Command
War Banner

Shades x 7
Great Weapons

=Rare=
Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower
Reaper Bolt Thrower

I was thinking about adding an assassin to the unit of Shades. Good idea?
It's sad that a family can be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs - Jack Handy
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]