2250 Tournament list.

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

2250 Tournament list.

Post by Silverheimdall »

[215] Dreadlord - Pendant of Kaeleth, Armour of Darkness, Soul Render
[225] Death Hag - Army Standard Bearer, Cauldron of Blood
[152] Master - Cold One, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Lance, Enchanted Shield, Ring of Hotek
[150] Sorceress - Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll, Level 1 Wizard

[220] 17 Black Ark Corsairs - Musician, Reaver, Standard Bearer: Sea Serpent Standard
[063] 10 Warriors - Musician
[063] 10 Warriors - Musician
[055] 5 Harpies
[055] 5 Harpies

[146] Assassin - Two Hand Weapons, Manbane Poison, Rune of Khaine
[146] Assassin - Two Hand Weapons, Manbane Poison, Rune of Khaine

[194] 5 Cold One Knights - Musician, Standard Bearer: Standard of Slaughter
[100] Cold one Chariot
[090] 5 Shades - Great Weapons

[175] War Hydra
[200] 2 Reaper Bolt Throwers

2249 Points
0076 Models
0009 Deployments
0003 Power Dice
0003 Dispel Dice + Ring of Hotek + 2 Dispel Scrolls

Yeah, my core is weird - no fast cavalry, no repeater crossbows, minimal really.
I plan on having both Warrior units screening forward and fleeing through my Frenzied stuff, leaving me free to charge with my Corsairs and keep my Cauldron closeby.

Flanks covered by War Hydra and Cold One Knights. RBTs to take care of fast things I guess.. or Large Targets too.

General goes with Frenzied Corsairs, one Assassin in there too, the other with the Shades and the Cold one Master with the Cold one Knights. Scroll caddie to hang out with RBT or stick close to the Hydra, trying to stay outside the RoH range to get Power of Darkness and whatever other spell off O: A chillwind on 4 dice here and there could be nice.
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Any comments? Thinking of going Banner of Murder on Corsairs instead of Suicide Frenzy.
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

The way war machines die in this game, I think you need more firepower to suck your opponents in. I would drop the two naked warriors units for a single crossbow regiment with a musician.

In regards to the banner of murder question, I love it. It makes those attacks worth so much more. I am running it in a unit of witch elves and it really is sweet.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Andrejko
Corsair

Post by Andrejko »

I like the list but there are a few things I personally would change.

Now before I go into this I have never actually played in a tournament so I don’t claim to be any kind of expert. I in fact probably don’t know what I am really talking about. I just thought I would invite myself to voice my theoretical opinion as I am sitting at my girlfriend’s parent’s house in the east of Slovakia with absolutely nothing to do!!

So…..

First I don’t like the naked warriors either.

I would expect that you can not swap them out for a single unit of Crossbow Elves because you need three core units.

I probably get no points for originality but I would try to swap them out for Dark Raiders. It seems to me like Dark Riders would do a better job for what you want them to do anyway.

I would definitely drop the frenzy banner for the Banner of Murder. It would give you more control over your only real infantry and when you come across a more heavily armored foe then you have a better chance of doing something against them. You can also use the cauldron to boost the number of attacks if needed.

The next thing is etherals. I would try to bring in the life taker shoot the bad boys down as I don’t think you will be able to magic them to death.

The last thing I would change is I would swap one of the manbane’s for the touch of death on one of your assassins. That way you have one which can deal with the big ugly things a one that can deal with smaller things with many wounds.

And....

More interesting for you no doubt is how I would go about it:-

Dread Lord
Drop the Soul Render and the Amour of Darkness and give him the Life Taker, Heavy Amour, Sea Dragon cloak and a Great Weapon.

Master
Change the Enchanted Shield for a normal Shield.

Cold One Knights
Drop the Standard of Slaughter (head ache I know) and hope Cauldron works for you

Sorceress
Drop one dispel scroll and hope the ring works for you. I was thinking about dropping the battle standard here instead but decided against it.

EDIT: In fact better not. keep the second scoll and loose the Battle Standard

Swap the naked warriors for Dark Riders without Crossbows

By my calculations you have 5 points left to upgrade the Assassin to have the Touch of Death.
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

I guess you guys never used bait & flee tactics o:
I see people telling me that "you need ranks to win" etc, yet my Corsairs have won me so many fights (with cauldron).

I've thought of a second list, going with most of what I have in here but without my beloved cauldron of blood :[

[205] Dreadlord - Army General, Soul Render, Blood Armour, Pendant of Kaeleth
Less armour, but shoud get back to 1+ once he reaches combat

[179] Master - Army Standard Bearer, Cold one, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Lance, Ring of Darkness
With the Cold one Knights, making them harder to hit by shooting (halved BS by the ring), that means hello Flamers and other gunlines - I'm aiming for those! And perfect to accept Challenges, halved WS of anything that attacks the BSB.
[235] Sorceress - Level 2 Wizard, Dark Pegasus, Focus Familiar, Dispel Scroll
Will stay away from the Cold one Knights (ring of hotek) and will use the Focus familiar to hide herself and still nuke around
[175] Sorceress - Level 2 Wizard, Tome of Furion, Dispel Scroll
Needs to stay away from the Ring of Hotek too! Shouldn't be too hard

[205] 17 Black Ark Corsairs - Standard Bearer: Banner of Murder
[110] 10 Warriors - Repeater Crossbows, Shields
[117] 5 Dark Riders - Musician, Repeater Crossbows
[055] 5 Harpies
[055] 5 Harpies
[146] Assassin - Two Hand Weapons, Rune of Khaine, Manbane Poison
[166] Assassin - Two Hand Weapons, Rune of Khaine, Manbane Poison, Cloak of Twilight
First sin to be in Corsairs, Cloak sin to be in Warriors unit and pop up at first turn, and if possible (after wasting scrolls and dispel dice) throw him at a Warmachine on turn 1 or two!

[227] 5 Cold one Knights - Standard Bearer: Standard of Slaughter (+d3 cr on the charge), Dread Knight: Ring of Hotek
[100] Cold one Chariot

[175] War Hydra
[100] Reaper Bolt Thrower

2250 pts
61 Models
6 power dice (D3+1 from Power of Darkness) + 1 bound
4 dispel dice (ring of hotek and 2 scrolls)
9 deployments

But I'm not sure yet, because the Cauldron of Blood is amazing.
I've used it on Executioners, on Corsairs, and rarely on Black Guards, but its just so damn nice.

I've had so many crushing wins from Cauldron lists... O:
Sharpbutblunt
Slave on the Altar

Post by Sharpbutblunt »

This list is a little better than the first. I think its very top heavy lord + 3 heroes and 2 assassins means you don't have allot left to play with.

I think a 2nd dark rider unit or 10 more bows would go down nice. and only 5 cold ones? Isint that a little light? I like 7 means i can lose 2 and still dish out some hurt on the charge.

Where to get the points? well i would drop an assassin. The more shooting the more you have to force your oppentent to move to your tune!
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

I also feel like the second list is better. It is more balanced and offers a challenge in all phases.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Dark apostle197
Corsair

Post by Dark apostle197 »

One thing is avoiding the ring may be harder than you thought. Sure you won't be within twelve when they start moving up, but when the COKs hit the enemy lines they will be, and you won't be able to target those around the COKs.