2500 list to face off against: TK, VC, and Orcs

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Vutall
Trainee Warrior

2500 list to face off against: TK, VC, and Orcs

Post by Vutall »

Hello all, I am going to be sparring with my friends, one who plays Chariot based TK, one who plays VC ((Dont know his list)) and another who plays Orcs ((dont know his list either))

So, here is what I came up with.

2500 Pts

1 Dreadlord, General, Cold One
Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Caledor's Bane, Null Talisman (MR 2)

1 Noble, Battle Standard Bearer, Cold One
Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Soulrender, Pendant of Khaeleth

1 Sorceress, 2 Dispell Scroll

20 Warriors
Standard, Lordling, War Banner, Shield
Assassin, Extra Hand Weapon, Manbane, Rune of Khaine

10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen with Shield

10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen with Shield

5 Harpies

20 Black Guard
Musician, Standard, Tower Master, Ring of Hotek, Banner of Hag Graef
Assassin, Extra Hand Weapon, Venom Sword

5 Cold One Knights
Musician, Standard, Dread Knight

5 Cold One Knights
Musician, Standard, Dread Knight, Standard of Slaughter

1 War Hydra

1 Reaper Bolt Thrower

1 Reaper Bolt Thrower

Comments?
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

I like the look of this, but there are a few things I notice.

A) If you really want soul render on your master, lose the shield, but I like my BSBs survivable, so I would drop soul render for sword of might. This will allow him to use his shield in combat and get a 1+ armor save.

B) The venom sword is pretty rubbish on an assassin. At S4, you will rarely get a wound through on those huge toughness models that you want to kill with the venom sword. Against tough characters, S4 isn't enough to get through armor saves. I prefer my assassin to be able to kill anything. Thus, I use the extra hand weapon, rune of khaine, touch of death combo. It is more reliable in my opinion. Of course, that said, I odn't think your ASF black guard will need an assassin. I would scrap him and use the points to get a unit of dark riders with crossbows and a musician.

Do you plan on putting your dread lord in one CoK unit and the BSB in the other? If so, I think you should have fun with them.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Vutall
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vutall »

If I take the sword of might, im five points over his magic limit, so I would have to drop the pendant and give him something else for protection.

Never thought about touch of death..I might have missed it, but it didnt seem like it replaces poison, so would he be both poisoned and KB'ed? ((and if so, how would that work? auto wounds but roll d6, 6=dead?))

And yeah, the dread goes in the unit with the standard of slaughter, the BSB in the other.
Creedence
Dark Rider

Post by Creedence »

The combination of the pendant and the sword of might is 50 points. The point cost on the sword of might for DE's has been decreased from previous editions of the game.

In addition to that standard poison does not work well with killing blow as poison auto wounds do not get a wound roll so cannot result in a killing blow.
Lord Admiral, Creedence Vendral, Commander of the Black Arc Murderous Pride.
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

As Creedance said, the sword of might/pendant combo is legal and very good.

@Creedance. I play my assassin in a unit with the banner of murder usually, so even poison rolls are great as they are -2 to armor.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Creedence
Dark Rider

Post by Creedence »

druchii77 wrote:As Creedance said, the sword of might/pendant combo is legal and very good.

@Creedance. I play my assassin in a unit with the banner of murder usually, so even poison rolls are great as they are -2 to armor.

That certainly works but it still does not let an auto wound from a poison attack to land a killing blow.

Same thing applies when using the COB on witch elves. I find it is not a great combination. I find that almost any other DE unit is better off getting KB from the COB.
Lord Admiral, Creedence Vendral, Commander of the Black Arc Murderous Pride.