New list with a block (2250)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Bbckamaja
Dark Rider

New list with a block (2250)

Post by Bbckamaja »

Hi every one, I have tried to make a list that plays in all phases, heavily in movement, shooting and close combat while offering some potential in magic phase after some mage hunting is done. Tome of furion and darkstar cloak can change mages after i choose basic spell list for them, sacrificial dagger i just don't like since i have only one anvil and static cr unit in the list. Be good and comment..

Characters

Master (Dark pegasus, lance, lifetaker, enchanted shield, heavy armour, SDC)
Mage, warmachine, skirmisher and fast cavalry hunter. Can pick archers and light combat units if a occasion rises.

Sorceress (2nd level, disspell scroll, sacrifial dagger)
Goes to spear elfs, uses dagger to boost when neccessary, Uses dark of fire magic since long range is needed.

Sorceress (2nd level, dark steed, darkstar cloak, disspell scroll)
Goes to one of the dark riders, Takes either dark, shadow or death lore depending of opponent.

Core
24 Dark elf spearmen (full command, shields, warbanner)
Anvil unit, keeps sorceress alive and hidden and gives him magic boost when needed

10 RxB warriors (shields)
Hold flanks against skirmishers and FC, supports RBT:s.

10 RxB warriors (shields)
Hold flanks against skirmishers and FC, supports RBT:s.

5 dark riders (RxB)
Bait and flee, flank charges, warmachine hunting and being the itch you can't reach to scratch.

5 dark riders (RxB)
Bait and flee, flank charges, warmachine hunting and being the itch you can't reach to scratch.

5 harpies
All around hunting and march blocking.

5 harpies
All around hunting and march blocking.

Special

8 Shades (great weapons)
Mainly march blocking, taking down ranks before combat, assaulting cavalry from flanks and taking down warmachines.

Cold one Chariot
Close support for spear elfs or RxB warriors, Sometimes works together with the other chariot to take down large block. Always shoots their RxB when not stupid or engaged.

Cold one Chariot
Close support for spear elfs or RxB warriors, Sometimes works together with the other chariot to take down large block. Always shoots their RxB when not stupid or engaged.

5 Cold one Knights (Champion, standard bearer with Hag graef)
Works as a baiting unit (that's why ASF, 11 S4 attacks should kill the first rank of most average units) or the hammer unit (most punch on charge in this list).

Rare

2 reaper bolt throwers
Scythe winds, single bolts on armored monsters or ranked cavalry, multi shots on everything else.

Warhydra
Marching flaming thrower that lurks in the woods.

Total: 2248 pst
106 wounds to be taken, 7 dice to cast and 4 to counter magic, 99 bolts per round and hydras breath in shooting, highly mobile list with only 4 units of infantry and one of them is skirmishing.
Last edited by Bbckamaja on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:54 am, edited 9 times in total.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

I play with a block of Warriors (often also with War Banner) of about that size and the Dagger regularily, and even though it does lower their numbers, the Dagger is still very much worth it, IMHO. With ~25 to start (maybe add 1-2 more to them, if you can), you can afford some losses (and after two turns you can move the Sorceress into one of the RXB units and sacrifice them). Just don't use it on every spell, but only where it is really important to turn a non-success into a success or raise the difficulty for a dispel (and never on a spell, when you already rolled a 1).

So, yeah, I would take the Dagger instead of the Tome (and mount the other Sorceress on the Dark Steed instead, or leave the Dark Steed at home even).

Also, I would want to have a Musician on the Cold One Knights (more important than the Champion in my opinion). And the Standard of Hag Graef on COK doesn't quite appeal to me. I would rather use Standard of Slaughter or Banner of Murder on them.

8 Shades is a lot, if you want to scout with them (depends on terrain, but 8 can be hard to hide already). I would drop them down to size 5-7.

The last point is the Lifetaker on the Noble. While it is a very good weapon, I'm not sure it can be used to full potential there, since he has to decide between melee and ranged attacks. I would probably just give him a regular RXB (also saves some points). He has a good enough BS, anyways. You could also consider to give him the Pendant of Khaeleth for extra protection, if you remove the Lifetaker.

Other than those minor points, it definitely looks like a list that can work well. :)

Bye
Thanee
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

This looks good, but I will stand by my personal favorite for my CoK, the standard of slaughter. Unless you regularly play high elves, the standard of hag graef shouldn't be needed. With I6 and being cavalry, you shouldn't have a problem getting a charge off and blowing through the unit.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Bbckamaja
Dark Rider

Post by Bbckamaja »

Would a manticore be a viable option, it would cost me a chariot, a shade, master on a peggy and one warrior (giving me 325 points to equip a new master on a manticore). He would get deathpiercer, mundane armour and RxB. Would that make list stronger or weaker?