Andrejko's 2000 point possible Malekith List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Andrejko
Corsair

Andrejko's 2000 point possible Malekith List

Post by Andrejko »

Hey Guys,

I am trying to put a list together so I can motivate myself to paint as I have noticed that recently become very lazy. I really want to get to the stage when I can table a fully painted army.

It’s overwhelming when I look down at all my unpainted models and I am never sure what to do next.

The idea is to have something to work towards, and of course for it to be competitive.

I don’t mind buying new models so my list can be pretty much anything. Out of this list I have my corsairs, chariot, cold ones and reapers done.

So here is the list!

Characters (713 points - 35.65%)

Supreme Sorceress (Lvl 4) + Dark Pegasus + Black Staff + Pendant
Assassin + EHW + Rune of Kaine + Touch of Death (goes in the Corsairs)
Master + Cold One + Shield + RCB + AoES + Sword of Might (goes in the Cold Ones)

Core (574 points – 28.70%)

18 Corsairs + Full Command + Magic Banner of 25points
5 Dark Riders + RCB + Musician
5 Dark Riders + RCB + Musician
5 Harpies
5 Harpies

Special (337 points – 16.85%)

6 Cold One Knights + Full Command + Standard of Slaughter
Chariot

Rare (375 points – 18.75%)

War Hydra
2 Reapers

The main battle line would be made up of the Corsairs, the Hydra and the Cold Ones. The Cold ones would be charging to the front and should break most units in the first round of combat. If the Corsairs get tied up in combat then the chariot should be crashing into the side. I have no magic defence in the way of scrolls, but I would try to blast out my spells with the black staff and get the enemy to use his dispel scrolls if he has any.

For the sake of having less to paint I was thinking about dropping the Hydra, the Standard of Slaughter, all the characters and bring in Malekith on his Pet Dragon! :twisted: . It would be my monster, sorceress and hero all in one model but I am not sure if this would this would work. I would also have to buy the model.

So what do you think?

Any comments appreciated.
Andrejko