Campaign List @ 2K

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

The skaerkrow
Noble

Campaign List @ 2K

Post by The skaerkrow »

My group is playing out an Escalation Campaign in Warhammer, starting at 500 points and building to 2,000 over four months. The design of the campaign is meant to allow people to start and paint up new forces, though I've chosen instead to complete the second, unused half of my Dark Elf model collection. To that end, I'm forcing myself to use units that I've never used under the rules for the new book, if at all. Another caveat to my army selection is the fact that I have to adhere to the campaign's composition rules.

I was wanting to get everyone' general impression of the list, since I'll essentially be taking a whole army of units that I'm not familiar with.

1 Master 150pts (General)
on Cold One
w/ Whip of Agony, Null Shard, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield

1 Death Hag 225pts (Battle Standard Bearer)
on Cauldron of Blood

1 Sorceress 175pts
Level 2
w/ Tome of Furion, Dispel Scroll

1 Sorceress 160pts
Level 2
w/ Dispel Scroll

10 Repeater Crossbowmen 100pts

10 Repeater Crossbowmen 100pts

15 Black Ark Corsairs 165pts
w/ Standard and Musician

6 Harpies 66pts

5 Cold One Knights 175pts
w/ Full Command

16 Witch Elves 185pts
w/ Full Command

18 Black Guard 294pts
w/ Banner of Murder
w/ Full Command

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers 200pts
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

That certainly looks like a competent army. :)

I only find the whip on the Master a bit weird (it's not a bad weapon, but maybe Deathpiercer would be a better choice for him).

And instead of the Null Shard I would probably go with the Enchanted Shield.

Bye
Thanee
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

whip of agony
null shard
tomb
scroll
scroll
banner of murder

Is tht 130 points? so you can tart up some more with banner of Hag grief and calendor's bane instead of you current choices maybe? though sword of might and potio of strength is alwasy good for a giggle.

I am a big fan of the naked ladies, but with the free special slot I would suggest 2x7 just as reserves to flank charge things in contact with your blocks, as sweepers for your flanks and in your rear as a nice surprise for miners and gunner runners.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

What is the purpose of your corsairs? Are you using them as a static combat res block? If so, drop them for spears to save you some points. You can get a 20 strong unit will full command for 155ish. That saves some points for another witch elf or something.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
The skaerkrow
Noble

Post by The skaerkrow »

I forget that we can how have 0+ Armor Saves, which is why I eschewed the Enchanted Shield for the Null Shard. Well that, and I expect my CoKs to attract a decent amount of magic given that they'll include my General. Still, that's a change that I'll keep in mind. The reason why I went with the Whip of Agony instead of the Deathpiercer is on one hand a modeling decision (the model that I'll be using for my general does not have a Lance), and on the other just something that works well in my comfort zone. I find that you lose so much killing power in subsequent rounds when armed with a Lance that I rarely use them. Giving her the WoA affords me a decent amount of higher Strength attacks even if the combat bogs down, which could be decisive. Eventually I will model a mounted character with a Lance though, as I've really been wanting to try out Caledor's Bane and Deathpiercer.

Two units of seven Witch Elves? Interesting, but I've already got Black Guard and Cold One Knights in the list, and I'd rather not drop either selection.

The Corsairs are actually, in large part, holdovers from the previous stages of the list (my 500pt list, for example, includes 20 RXBs, 14 Corsairs and 5 Cold One Knights). Traditionally I would employ a unit of Warriors in their place, but as the point of this army is to paint and use the stuff that I don't usually include in my list, I'll be running Corsairs. Unfortunately, I've got about two units worth of the old (5th Edition, really old) ones, so I won't be using the spiffy new plastics that everyone's on about :cry: .