2000pts Just because

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Skilgannon
Cold One Knight

2000pts Just because

Post by Skilgannon »

I just thought fancied something different:

Dreadlord: GW, Armour of Darkness, Seal of Grond: 201pts
Master: SDC, Heavy Armour, Pendant of Khaleth, Sword of Might: 163pts

Assassin: Add Hand Weapon, Dark Venom, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death: 161pts
Assassin: Add Hand Weapon, Dark Venom, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death: 161pts

20 Warriors: CSM: 135pts
20 Warriors: CSM: 135pts
10 RXB: 100pts
10 RXB: 100pts
5 Harpies: 55pts
5 Harpies: 55pts

13 Witch Elves: CSM, Manbane, Banner of Murder: 215pts
6 Cold Ones: CSM, Ring of Hotek, War Banner: 251pts
14 Black Guard: CSM, Banner of Hag Graef, Crimson Death: 277pts

1999pts

I fancied having plenty of strong combat units that would still give me plenty of flexibility in how I used the units. What do you guys think?
Darkangel16
Black Guard

Post by Darkangel16 »

i'd drop crimson death on the BG champ and give him the ring, seeing as how the cok usually get more then 12" away from your army, then give crimson to your lord. I never seen shield of ghrond used, it will be interesting to see how it works.
i'd take 2 rbt over the 2 rxb men
Skilgannon
Cold One Knight

Post by Skilgannon »

Sealof Ghrond is the +1 dispel Dice. I haven't got enough core not to take RXB and 1 of each has never worked for me.

I'm not sure about the Ring on the Cold Ones it has been alright when I have previously used it. It is a good point though also the Black Guard Champion is less at risk from Rule of Burning Iron. Crimson Death is really nice on the Black Guard though and adds sum really valuable punch the extra assisance it gives to the lord isn't very significant although it does help him use his intiative. I would probably rather spend the points on a Cold One for the Lord. But then if the Lord is on Cold one
that makes Crimson Death on the Black Guard even more valuable.
Darkangel16
Black Guard

Post by Darkangel16 »

my apologies about dropping both rxb men :oops:

If you dropped 1 rxb squad ,the seal, and a few spears, you'd be able to take a lvl1 scroll caddy for more magic D, seeing as your lord will take s7 hits from burning iron, and your cok s6.

as for your lord, on a cok he'll be striking at s5,cant damage ethereals, with no greater armor save, and if hes in the BG they are already ItP (although he'll asf with his gw) , and there's always stupidity to worry about.

soulrender on the BG champ would serve the same purpose. and crimson death(with the Bg unit) or Deathpiercer (with the cok) would maximize your lord if you are adamant about putting him on a cok
Skilgannon
Cold One Knight

Post by Skilgannon »

If you dropped 1 rxb squad ,the seal, and a few spears, you'd be able to take a lvl1 scroll caddy for more magic D, seeing as your lord will take s7 hits from burning iron, and your cok s6.

Yeah I have been playing with a caddie recently and I don't really like it I much prefer extra troops. I might drop the Seal of Ghrond for a Cold one though and then change the armour for some mundane stuff i'm not sure.