Temple of Khaine

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

A18no
Cold One Knight

Post by A18no »

Hie Georc and DA

We are playing each monday since a couple of months, but the last 2 weeks were canceled. I hope i will be able to test next monday. But i'm not a fan of the shades. I always play them in all my other list, I want my khainite army to be totally different from what i'm use to. Better than that, the list i gave last time was all my unpainted figs. So the khaine list is a motivation to finish all my dark elfs!!

But i will give a try to the blood armor/dagger guy.

Witches by 7 are so so. Cause we are 4 to play each week: 1 VC, 1 HE, one new WE and me. So HE and WE bring a lot of shooting, witches are hard to bring to combat (since they can botter a lot of Elfs out there)

But we'll see that

Good luck and have fun !!
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

GeOrc wrote:@ a18no,
You are right but it can do this job also with the hXbows. I didn´t need them in the beginning, but later in the game. In most cases the frenzied corsairs will be free in the second or third turn thanks to shooting or magic through loss of several troopers in the unfrenzy unit. In many situations I free them by myself in the movement phase and both units act independently. I often had then the problem that a enemy unit sacrifices itself to disturb my movement or to direct me in a wrong direction. Especially with bright units this can be a problem because you can´t move around it... for example the great eagles or something like this. Some hXbows in first row of the battleline can free your way because if your corsairs will be stopped your main battle line behind them will be fixed.

[color=#]Exactly right.[/color]

How about this list idea:

Death Hag, cauldron
Death Hag, cauldron, BSB, Banner of nagarythe
Master, crystal, soulrender

Assassine, AH, rendering stars, manbane

20 spears, shields, full command, warbanner
15 spears, shields, full command
10 corsairs, AH, stasndard bearer, sea serpent standard
10 corsairs, hXbows [color=#]This is a really useful unit in this army. The simple fact that they can always stand and shoot is a very effective ability to have for all the reasons you mentioned in your opening paragraph.

I have used it myself in various builds, Joe Sturge used to use it in his Suicide Elves army and we both found it
worthwhile.[/color]

5 harpies
5 harpies

12 black guard, tower master, standard bearer, ring of Hotek, Banner of Hag greaf
12 Executioners, standard bearer, Cold Blooded Banner [color=#]I've been using this configuration as you know so I fully support the change.[/color]
10 Witch Elfs
5 Shades, Great Weapons [color=#]This is one of those rare instances where I agree with the choice of great weapons over an additional hand weapon, so keep it as is.
[/color]
War Hydra

2250 points total

I droped the Master with MR2 and support with more troops and shades.

What do you think?
Kind Regards GeOrc

GeOrc wrote:Hi DA,
no Problem.

a short summary:

1.) Cold Blooded Banner into Exces

2.) Change the second master with MR2

Alternatives:

- cheap, armoured Assassin with dagger of Hotek and Blood armour [color=#]Assassin can't have Blood Armour.[/color]

- Assassine with venom sword (requires dropping the warriors)[color=#] - No, definitely not. The potential damage output compared to the synergy brought to the list by more troops is no comparison. The venom sword is a shite item anyway![/color]

- more troops: shades

I like the idea of a second Assassine but with venom sword he will be very expensive. In regard that a unit gets ASF AND magical attacks a master with dagger of Hotek could do the same, is cheaper and can be armoured.

Perhaps there is a chance to combine this idea with adding the shades.

Kind Regards Georg

In summary I fully agree with the improvement to the Executioners by giving them the banner, and the addition of the Shades and Corsair shooting.

It's needs some testing now so you can get to grips with it.
Georc
Assassin

Post by Georc »

Hi DA,
thanks for the answers.

Some thing you understand wrong,
the "cheap, armoured Assassine" is a synonyme for the Master equipped with Dagger of Hotek, Beastmaster Scourge, ane Blood Armour. This because he has similar skills like an assassine but can take an armour and make it more viable.

I´m still playing with the lists. The thing I still think about is what to do with the MR2 Master. I think I will give him a second chance but unitl now I wasn´t able to use his MR2 against opponents. Menas I had to work with my two DD only which works ok and asked myself is the MR2 really needed? If not what are the alternatives:

1. more troops
2. assassine
3. other equipment:

- Master with Ring of Darkness against shooting
- Master with Dagger of Hotek and Blood Armour to support CC

The Master with Hotek Dagger I already tested and he is a lot of fun, but this was against Beastmen with less magic and no shooting. I will fight against a dwarf player next week and Think I will try the Ring of Darkness.

Kind Regards GeOrc
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

If you are managing with the 2 DD then having a Master with the Ring of Darkness is a reasonable alternative. PD are capped at the ETC at aq reasonable level but there can be up to 45 missile troops plus war machines across the table to you.

I suspect in the singles event there will be lots of Daemons, VCs and DEs to face so I would try to get more games in against those kinds of armies. Then you can see which tweak you like the best.
Georc
Assassin

Post by Georc »

I have to say, I really like the ring of Darkness, it´s a very useful defense against shooting and also excellent in CC.
I will try it in my next Games.

Regards GeOrc
Georc
Assassin

Post by Georc »

hi all,
I loose my game last evening against dwarfs. I have to say that I played against one of our ETC Players and his ETC Dwarf Army and I knowed that there was littel chance to win this game, more important was to learn how deal with a lot of shooting.

The main Problem was that he build a corner fortress on a hill with all his warmachines on it. One Grudge Thrower, Organ canon, 2 Bolter Thrower, all with a lot of runes on them. So I had no chance to cover my expensive troops and Executioners and Black Guard lost a lot of men in the first rounds. I was able to reach his battle lines and start the close combat. He had two units of hammerers one with immortal BSB and one with immortal dwarf king. On the left side I charged the hammerers with BSB with my 20 spears, warbanner and Master with ring of Darkness unit. The Unit fight there until his last round because I wasn´t able to get a second unit in his flank or to kill his BSB who holds this unit in combat. The unit with king was directed away from that battle with help of my corsairs and charged by the remaining exces and BG but they werent able to do much damage. His third infantry bloc was a unit of longbeards which charged my hydra and there killed a turn later by her and the flanking frenzied corsairs. Further I killed his crossbow unit by shooting form the shades and assassine. I had a lot of Problems against toughness 4 which results that I made only 1 or 2 kills each round and this with a lot of attacks I throw around. For example my spears in fight with the BSB Unit had with blessing 18 attacks each round which results in 0,1 or 2 kills which wasn´t enough. I had the whole game a lt of bad luck with my dices and was always a bit under the statistic value. In the opposite my opponent was always a bit over statistic value and so had always a lot of hits wounds and good luck with his saves.

Nethertheless an interessting game with some dead dwarfs for a high price. That´s why their hides will get a special place as carpets for my cauldron.

Kind Regards GeOrc
Los manticores
Warrior

Post by Los manticores »

GeOrc, since i've been following your thread and playing a Khainite list of my own, I've found the Dwarf castle to be almost impossible to assail. Last week I took on 2 OG's, 2 Cannons a big block of Hammerers and a BSB block of LB's and a couple of shooting units. What I've learned is if you can avoid it don't engage the Hammers unless you can guarantee that you'll win every round of CC. Find easy targets if you can. Better yet hide wait out your opponent see if he gets impatient. If not wait till the end and claim three table quarters for the win. Not sexy I know but without any casting or a bunch of speed units assaulting those guys is a long road.
Cheers,
Mike C
Georc
Assassin

Post by Georc »

@ Los Manticores,
my game was a fun game so avoid the close combat was a no go. I want to try out and see what happend. Sure it´s a tough match but with two couldrons, screeners and some luck it should be possible to run through. But it rise and fall al with the terrain and when he has a hill for his warmachines he had a lot of bad luck when you arrive on the other side of the table. What I learned? Toughness 4 and 3+ Armour Save is a hard thing to cut through when you only have strengt 3

Cheers
GeOrc
Los manticores
Warrior

Post by Los manticores »

I'm with you on the fun games. I did the same thing. "Let's see what I have left when I march into a wall of lead." Interesting but not pretty.
Cheers,
Mike C
Georc
Assassin

Post by Georc »

I think my game would have been better when I checked at once that he will shoot my elite because he has deployed on a hill. Repeat that Game i would give the exces and the BG the 5+ save and so more of them would be able to fight the knigs unit. Nethertheless it was an interesting experience.

Kind Regards GeOrc
Fatontoast
Black Guard

Post by Fatontoast »

I stand corrected nevermind :) love your work as always Ge
Last edited by Fatontoast on Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Of Toastopolis
A18no
Cold One Knight

Post by A18no »

If you read the faq, you'll see that the question was with using 3 weapons and getting +2 attack.. the answer is evident. Though, they never talked about the specific situation between dagger of hotek and scourge. So it's perfectly legal.

Hope that help

Good luck and have fun!!