1250 Druchii list [tourney]

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Drizz't
Highborn

1250 Druchii list [tourney]

Post by Drizz't »

Hey guys, it's been a while, missed this place alot.

So upon my return to Fantasy, this is what I'm running for a tourney this weekend.

Master - 161
Halberd
Dark Steed
Repeater Xbow
Heavy Armor
Shield
SDC
Talisman of Protection
Seal of Ghrond

Sorceress - 185
Lvl 2
DSC
Scroll

27 Warriors - 204
Shields
Command

10 RxB - 100

5 Dark Riders - 110
RxB

5 Dark Riders - 110
RxB

5 Shades - 80

5 CoK - 200
Command
Crimson Death

Bolt Thrower

-Thoughts?
Winning isnt everything.
Its the only thing.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Well the frst thing that jumps out is that your CoKs have a magic weapon but your master dosen't

1 mage is not good for much at 1250, I would thin out the points on the CoK, drop the RBT and add a second mage

Not sure about the 27 spears either, I've found them sort of worthless as an anvil. you need to redirect your enemy or bait it with another unit and then flank them with the spears. The can add to outnumbering and FCR though ranks, but can't take a charge, so 20 with FC should do.

Everything else looks fine.

Overall I would add the second mage and give your mounted master PoK and the enchanted shield of sword of might if he needs a magic weapon. Your second sorce will add the 4th DD
"Luck is the residue of design"
Drizz't
Highborn

Post by Drizz't »

All good points, maybe if I explained my choices, it might make sense, or maybe I'm just off kilter with the power game these days

Rabidnid wrote:Well the frst thing that jumps out is that your CoKs have a magic weapon but your master dosen't

The Hero joins any one of the DR units. Since he would gain Fast Cav, they would add a much bigger punch to a flank hit, rather than there just being 5 speas and 5 horses.

1 mage is not good for much at 1250, I would thin out the points on the CoK, drop the RBT and add a second mage

Magic is more of a supplement than a focus for this army. I'm hoping to stave off a few turns until I hit combat and hopefully run down any mages with the Shades and second DR unit.

Not sure about the 27 spears either, I've found them sort of worthless as an anvil. you need to redirect your enemy or bait it with another unit and then flank them with the spears. The can add to outnumbering and FCR though ranks, but can't take a charge, so 20 with FC should do.

Definately taking this into account

Overall I would add the second mage and give your mounted master PoK and the enchanted shield of sword of might if he needs a magic weapon. Your second sorce will add the 4th DD
Winning isnt everything.
Its the only thing.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Drizz't wrote:All good points, maybe if I explained my choices, it might make sense, or maybe I'm just off kilter with the power game these days

Rabidnid wrote:Well the frst thing that jumps out is that your CoKs have a magic weapon but your master dosen't

The Hero joins any one of the DR units. Since he would gain Fast Cav, they would add a much bigger punch to a flank hit, rather than there just being 5 speas and 5 horses.

Magic is more of a supplement than a focus for this army. I'm hoping to stave off a few turns until I hit combat and hopefully run down any mages with the Shades and second DR unit.

Definately taking this into account

OK I would suggest then that you drop the DSC for the seal on her and give her a null stone or tomb of furion. She will have 4 PD and can use 2 for PoD to get her 2-4 PD for a total of 4-6 PD. I still suggest the second mage though as Druchii magic is awesome :)

Your master really need the enchanted sheild and PoK to add some staying power. Every army book in the last year has added items that give a model or unit ASF, so the chance of your target going first is quite high. The PoK save in a challenge will be very helpful.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Valvet
Shade

Post by Valvet »

Ok, i also have a few suggestions, so let's start from the top:

I don't really like your master, I think his equipment is not really optimal, maybe you could make him your BsB, stick with the steed and add either a rhing of Hotek, or the PoK and a magic weapon to make the BsB of Doom. You can now drop three of your speers, add the warnammer and stick him with the unit. That gives you a really nice anvil unit, with a SCR of 7. Not many thinks can brake this unit especially as it also has the BsB re-rolls, and the BsB is always a threat as he can leave the unit for a charge whenever he wants.

Second is the Sorceress, i would suggest putting her on a steed and changing the DSC to the FF. This is a character that is very hard to get to for your enemies and almost always save points for you as you can hide her easily. She will still be able to cast spells, even the ones with shorter range now, and with a scroll she will add sufficient magic protection for the pointsize.

Next suggestion are shields on your RxBs, they just benefit so much from the little upgrade, i think its a must have., makes them really versatile as they get some real potential to fight softer foes with a 4+ AS.

Then i would add GWs to your shades, also a change towards more versatility as Str5 allows them to charge and kill stuff, offering lots of possibilities to the unit.

And another change, just a personal preference of mine, repkace the COK with two COC, i find them to be more effective and it minimizes the risk of stupidity, as it is unlikely that both will go stupid in the same turn.

To afford all these changes, i would drop the RBT, this should leave some points spare, maybe even enough to get a unit of Harpies, they are plain awesome.

I hope some of this helps you and good luck with the tournament.
Drizz't
Highborn

Post by Drizz't »

Ok here's a revised list:

Master : 164
CoK
Halberd
Heavy Armor
SDc
Shield
PoK
Null