(2k) Dragon list with master on dark steed(GT Finland)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dagger of assassination
Corsair

(2k) Dragon list with master on dark steed(GT Finland)

Post by Dagger of assassination »

Okay. I wanted dragon because magic heavy list is not so reliable.
But here is the list...

Dreadlord
-Pendant of Khaeleth
-Potion of Strenght
-Deathpiercer
-Black Dragon
-Shield
-Heavy armour
-Seadragon Cloak
-Repeater crossbow
-565.p
I wanted reliable character what can still do much damage even if it get charged. Potion is for big things like blood thirster.

Master
-Death mask
-Dark steed
-BSB
-Heavy armour
-Seadragon cloak
-Repeater crossbow
-Lance
-181.p
This guy can help dreadlord if needed. Or it supports fights and hunt down war machines, lonely characters etc. And of course cause terror.

Sorceress
-Dispel Scroll
-Dispel Scroll
-150.p
Scroll Caddy

(20x) Warriors
-Full Command
-Shields
-War banner
-180.p
These will bring Combat resolution...

(11x) Repeater cwossbowmen
-110.p
Shooting!

(14x) Repeater cwossbowmen
-Shields
-Champpion
-159.p
Place to Sorceress...

(15x) Black Guards
-Full Command
-Ring of Hotek
-Standard of Hag Graef
-290.p
It kills everything what it can reach. But its expensive(and cheesy )[/i] :roll:

(5x)Shades
-Great Weapons
-90.p

Cold one Chariot
-100.p
Everybody loves chariot!

War Hydra
-175.p
Mayby the best rare choice in the game... So why not to take it?

I am taking this kind of list to Grand Tournament on Finland.
Comments are always good....

Edit: Few Changes made...
Last edited by Dagger of assassination on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Through Hatred All Things Are Possible!
kynthuithalkein!
3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

How come noones commented on this list yet? Its Kouran in it! Surely that should open some form of debate?!

DoA, nice list, but I really have got to ask... Why Kouran?

I know he obviously makes the BG unbreakable, and coupled with the ASF banner he should be relatibely safer - but still: risking 88pts in one T3 1W model with a 5+ AS - yeah ok you need to pass a T test first but 88 points? As stubborn LD9 troops with Immune to Pych - I see it as rather a waste of those very expensive points: why not merely give a normal master Crimson Death? then you get another 49pts to play around with! :D

Also, your Master is relatively naked: yes the Deathmask on a flyer is awesome, but a few shots or magic missiles later and that boy is face down on the ground with one dead peggy lying next time him (and a pretty easy extra 100vps for the enemy): a 3+AS vs shooting aint gonna cut it: you certainly need a shield if nothing else! What about popping him on a D.steed and give him a shield?

If you drop the Peg, give him a sheidl and a d.steed you can make 36pts

couple that with the 49pts remaining from swapping Kouran into a Master with CD you have 85pts

Drop 4 crossbowmen to give you another 40pts gives you 125pts

5 Dark Riders: 110
RxBs

leaves you with 15pts - give em a musician for 7 (strategic withdrawl - though not most advisable when you have a Terror causer in your unit as the enemy will ignore him when he's fleeing) or a herald (more comabt/shooting potential) for 14 or standard for CRs.

Personally Id go with the Herald for 3 reasons: first it influences you to not run away (which having a musc would), second, it would not give an extra 50pts away if the unit was beaten in combat (which a standard, though adding extra CR to your DRs, does mean they become more of a target) and finally, it gives your BSB some protection from unwanted challenges.

Lastly, what was your points total for this list (as extra points means more could be squeezed in - though you'd have probably already done that! EG. if you're list was originally 1994pts then with the extra 1 point left from my calculations and amendments (which assume you list was dead on 2k pts) means you could squeeze a musc into the DRs: which I think is a more viable choice than taking a standard for reasons above...

Anyway bro let me know whatcha think

- Beanz
Dagger of assassination
Corsair

I think i am going to drop kouran so i can get BG champpion carrying ring of hotek and get extra D scroll.

I would like to drop it into dark steed but i dont have dark steed and i dont have dark riders. I would take Dark riders and harpies but i dont have any.

Could armour of darkness and pearl of infinite bleakness be better items than death mask? It would be still able to charge terror and fear causing enemy.
And got good save...
kynthuithalkein!
3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Dagger of Assassination wrote:I think i am going to drop kouran so i can get BG champpion carrying ring of hotek and get extra D scroll.

I would like to drop it into dark steed but i dont have dark steed and i dont have dark riders. I would take Dark riders and harpies but i dont have any.

Could armour of darkness and pearl of infinite bleakness be better items than death mask? It would be still able to charge terror and fear causing enemy.
And got good save...

Yeah, that is what I use sometimes. I tend to end up with Calendor's bane and blood armour a lot though, and just live with the occasional failure to charge. He will normally end up with a 1+ or 2+ save after the charge. Being shot at before hand though is a problem.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Dagger of assassination
Corsair

List changed. I bought Horse from high elf chariot. I will use that to convert dark steed to BSB. I tried Caledors bane against HE Star dragon list and it worked really well so now i think that Dreadlord is better.

What you people think now? Better or worser?
kynthuithalkein!
Grandmaster ej
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Grandmaster ej »

Nice but despirately needs the ring of hotek.
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the possability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
Marauder mitch2
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Marauder mitch2 »

Thwe ring is a must in the list. Imagine playing someone with karios, wink, Oh thats the GT final
DJ Dizzy Posted: Jul 1 2009, 08:13 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,989

My daemon record is 2 wins and 12 losses... Yep, I suck at warhammer
Dagger of assassination
Corsair

Oh sorry i was thinking hotek to BG champpion but i just wrote crimson death instead... Failed...

Edit: Would deathpiercer be better option than Caledors Bane?
Because if you charge with lance, Strenght is already so high so caledors bane is not so good because that no scaly skin saves ability is wasted....
kynthuithalkein!
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Dagger of Assassination wrote:Oh sorry i was thinking hotek to BG champpion but i just wrote crimson death instead... Failed...

Edit: Would deathpiercer be better option than Caledors Bane?
Because if you charge with lance, Strenght is already so high so caledors bane is not so good because that no scaly skin saves ability is wasted....

If you dont expect to need S-7 to pop a chariot or the black coach, then the killing blow of DP is better.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Dagger of assassination
Corsair

I changed caledors bane to deathpiercer and added 1 crossbowmen more....

Tomorrow i test this list at small tournament.
kynthuithalkein!
Dagger of assassination
Corsair

Tournament was really good. I get divided 3rd place(there was 8 players)
kynthuithalkein!