2,250 List Draft, now Monster Free

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

The skaerkrow
Noble

2,250 List Draft, now Monster Free

Post by The skaerkrow »

I've been using roughly the same army build for a year now, a double-Chariot, Hydra/Manticore list with lots of Warrior support and (recently) some Assassins. In an effort to motivate myself to finish assembling and painting up the next third of my Dark Elf collection, I've drafted a new list of units that I either do not use, or use very infrequently.

HEROES

1 Master 147pts #
on Cold One
General
Halberd, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak
Pendant of Khaeleth

1 Death Hag 225pts
with Cauldron of Blood
Rune of Khaine

1 Sorceress 185pts $
Level Two
Darkstar Cloak
Dispel Scroll

1 Sorceress 185pts @
Level Two
Seal of Ghrond
Power Stone

1 Assassin 146pts &
Additional Hand Weapon
Rune of Khaine
Manbane

CORE

10 Repeater Crossbowkin 105pts @
Musician

10 Repeater Crossbowkin 105pts
Musician

20 Dark Elf Warriors 174pts $
Shields
Standard, Musician
War Banner

5 Harpies 55pts

5 Harpies 55pts

SPECIAL

6 Cold One Knights 237pts
Full Command
Standard of Slaughter

5 Cold One Knights 175pts #
Full Command

15 Black Guard 255pts &
Full Command
Banner of Murder

RARE

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers 200pts

The kit on the General is dictated entirely by the model that I've converted up to represent her. At some point I'll learn to stop using models because they look cool, and instead choose those that will allow me to give my General Deathpiercer or Caledor's Bane :P . The symbols posted next to my characters are meant to show which units that I'm planning on attaching them to.

My primary concerns with this list (apart from having had very little luck with Black Guard and Cold One Knights, in the past) are the relative lack of magical defense (five dice and one scroll), as well as the complete lack of Dark Riders, which I often use in just about every role imaginable. I feel a little outgunned honestly, but that could have something to do with the fact that I've never used the Cauldron of Blood. On the subject of the Cauldron, I'm on the fence about either making the Death Hag my army Battle Standard Bearer, or keeping her with the Rune of Khaine for added hitting power, should anything come after her (which I anticipate will happen pretty regularly).

Comments? Criticisms? Feel free to share them.