nearly unrestricted 2250 Points Dark elves

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Thora
Trainee Warrior

nearly unrestricted 2250 Points Dark elves

Post by Thora »

Hi

I´m playing a small tournament. For that we only have small restrictions:

Each unite can be choosen max. 4 times.
not more then 2 times horror causing units in the army and not the same typ of horror causing two times.
max. 3 war machine
max. 40 shooting models.
Dragon costs a rare and a hero slot.
max. 8 casts with max. 10 power dices. a bound speels >4 counts as 2 dices.

So, ok, a few restrictions :twisted:

here is now my list. May be you can make it "harder"

*************** 1 Lord ***************
supreme sorceress, additional level, steed
seal of ghrond, focus familiar, scroll
- - - > 358 Points

*************** 3 Heros ***************
Death hag, cauldron, BSB
- - - > 225 Punkte

Sorceress, additional level
cloak, scroll
- - - > 185 Punkte

Master (general in black guard)
heavy armour, sea dragon cloak
Soulrender, pendant
- - - > 138 Punkte

*************** 5 cores ***************
10 RXB, shields
- - - > 110 Punkte

10 RXB, shields
- - - > 110 Punkte

5 DR, xbows, mus
- - - > 117 Punkte

5 Harpies
- - - > 55 Punkte

5 Harpies
- - - > 55 Punkte

*************** 3 Eliteeinheiten ***************
5 shades
- - - > 80 Punkte

5 CoK, FC
Banner of cold blood
- - - > 190 Punkte

12 black guard, FC
Ring of hotek, Standard of Hag Graef
- - - > 251 Punkte

*************** 2 rare ***************
Hydra
- - - > 175 Punkte

2 RBT
- - - > 200 Punkte

2249 Points

So, some points:
a) Ring of Hotek and 2 Mages? Could that work?
b) only one magic weapon
c) xbows for the dark riders, is that too much points for a sacrifice unit
d) is this list hard enough to handle darfs/WoC or what ever?

Please help me for adding more punch to the list. (I don`t have a manticor or 40 shades or more DR :? )
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hi, thora, willkommen in D.net! :) (your previous posts were not noticed as a newcomer's).

Nice, balanced list.

a) Ring of Hotek and 2 Mages? Could that work? Not well. At least, put the RoH in the COK, they can move more quickly away from spell casters.
b) only one magic weapon fine, as you have a stong magic.
c) xbows for the dark riders, is that too much points for a sacrifice unit too much indeed, don't sacrifice them! or drop the MXB, you have enough shooting without them.
d) is this list hard enough to handle darfs/WoC or what ever?COK are hard enough. Others rely on the KB granted from the COB. This list will suffer more from shooting than from melee.

Please help me for adding more punch to the list.A COC instead of shades and DR's MXB?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

I would skip the shades and make your master a BSB on a dark steed with pendant, sword of might and full mundane armour. Drop full command of the CoK and just run the standard bearer with the standard of slaughter. Give the black guard a few more models and crimson death to the champion in place of the Ring of Hotek.

The BSB is a very useful unit by itself and the extra magic weapon is good.

It will be good enough for WoC. Dwarves just sit in a corner mostly, so you will have to be careful when chooing to attack them. In a tournament it might be worth just sitting in a different corner and make him come to you.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Thora
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thora »

Calisson wrote:Hi, thora, willkommen in D.net! :) (your previous posts were not noticed as a newcomer's).

Nice, balanced list.
Thanks
a) Ring of Hotek and 2 Mages? Could that work? Not well. At least, put the RoH in the COK, they can move more quickly away from spell casters.
if i put the ring in the cok and they move forward I would protect my aims from magic attacks.
b) only one magic weapon fine, as you have a stong magic.
ok, so ethernals and wood spirits have to be casted down
c) xbows for the dark riders, is that too much points for a sacrifice unit too much indeed, don't sacrifice them! or drop the MXB, you have enough shooting without them.
Often they are standing around and waiting for their job, so I would prefer to have mxb with them. So I have to use them better and more often take fleeing as reaction
d) is this list hard enough to handle darfs/WoC or what ever?COK are hard enough. Others rely on the KB granted from the COB. This list will suffer more from shooting than from melee.
enemy shooting I want to fight again with shooting, magic, harpies, shades

Please help me for adding more punch to the list.A COC instead of shades and DR's MXB?
hm, a COC and warmaschines don´t work (empire, dwarfs, Dogs of war,...) shades are great in meele and in shooting AND are scouts so I hope taht they can handle some warmaschiens and missel troops

Rabidnid wrote:I would skip the shades and make your master a BSB on a dark steed with pendant, sword of might and full mundane armour.
Ok, but then I loos 1 S and -2 as armor modifier (S6, -4 before / S5 -2 then) Also skip the whole shades for 1 steed and a shield? My idea was to take the master as general, that don´t work if he is the BSB :evil:
Drop full comand of the CoK and just run the standard bearer with the standard of slaughter.
I also had this kind of idea before. the champ is "only" one attack more for 16 Points more. I understand in one way the standad of slaughter but isn´t it saver to have the cold one banner?
Give the black guard a few more models and crimson death to the champion in place of the Ring of Hotek.If I chance the master the camp can have the soulrender, same strength, no panalties

The BSB is a very useful unit by itself and the extra magic weapon is good.

It will be good enough for WoC. Dwarves just sit in a corner mostly, so you will have to be careful when chooing to attack them. In a tournament it might be worth just sitting in a different corner and make him come to you.

I will try to add some of your comments (and drop the Ring and add a secound magic weapon)
One more :) I´m looking of a tournament list. So empire, High elves, bretonian etc could also be on the other side ot the table.
Thora
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thora »

*************** 1 Lord ***************
supreme sorceress, additional level, steed
seal of ghrond, focus familiar, scroll
- - - > 358 Points

*************** 3 Heros ***************
Death hag, cauldron, BSB
- - - > 225 Punkte

Sorceress, additional level
cloak, scroll
- - - > 185 Punkte

Master (general in black guard)
heavy armour, shield, sea dragon cloak, DS
SoM, pendant
- - - > 152 Punkte

*************** 5 cores ***************
10 RXB, shields
- - - > 110 Punkte

10 RXB, shields
- - - > 110 Punkte

5 DR, xbows, mus
- - - > 117 Punkte

5 Harpies
- - - > 55 Punkte

5 Harpies
- - - > 55 Punkte

*************** 3 Eliteeinheiten ***************
5 shades
- - - > 80 Punkte

5 CoK, Std
standard of slaughter
- - - > 186 Punkte (kind of one hit wonder)

12 black guard, FC
soulrender, Standard of Hag Graef
- - - > 241 Punkte

*************** 2 rare ***************
Hydra
- - - > 175 Punkte

2 RBT
- - - > 200 Punkte

2249 Points

small changes. No ring, standard of slaughter instead of cold blood, soulrender for BG champ, master on DS with SoM and a 2+ armor save.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Ich verstehe alles, aber kannst du English sprechen bitte?
(Punkte, Eliteeinheiten...)
;)

The list is definitely balanced and should be able to handle well against most opponents.
You should give it a try and tell us how it behaves.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

The banner only works for one turn anyway. You are better off without the banner or with standard of slaughter or just the warbanner. If you hit the flank of a unit you will be piling up SCR before you need to count casualties. You ccan hit small units frontally and just run them down.

Soul render is S-5 AP to S-6 from crimson death, but 10 points cheaper.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Thora
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thora »

Calisson wrote:Ich verstehe alles, aber kannst du English sprechen bitte?
(Punkte, Eliteeinheiten...)
;)
Well, yes. But the unit names etc are english so it shouldn´t be a problem.

The list is definitely balanced and should be able to handle well against most opponents.
You should give it a try and tell us how it behaves.
I will do so. Tomorrow I have a fight against the emprie :twisted:

Rabidnid wrote:The banner only works for one turn anyway. You are better off without the banner or with standard of slaughter or just the warbanner. If you hit the flank of a unit you will be piling up SCR before you need to count casualties.
ok, looking for some flanks and hoping for a high roll for the standard
Soul render is S-5 AP to S-6 from crimson death, but 10 points cheaper.
eeeh, yes. I mixed it up with the master stregth of 4... Sorry

ok, so I take the (secound?) List and try my very best.
Thora
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thora »

Hi

So i played the secound List against the Empire (2250 Points)

He had
Lector on Car
2 Mages (2 Scrolls, 1 with van Horstman)
1 BSB with Griffonstandard
2x 10 Guns each with Sniperrifel
2x 5 Knights each only with Champ
2x 20 (or more) Longswords with FC each with 8 Helebards aund 6 Archers
2x Great cannon
1x Rifelcanon

he had a great center with both blocks. On his right side he had a hill and ther has been Rifelcaonon and both guntroups. on the foot of the hill he had 5 Knights. His Lector was coverd behind a building. on his left side he hab a canon and the other knights.

I had one RBT and the DR on the other side of his gunhill. One RxB with small mage, CoK, Hydra (coverd behind a forrest) CoB, BG with Master and Suprem on the right side one unit RxB infront of a building to enter it. Shades near his left canon and the secound knights.

He started, moved a littel bit only his right knights went in direction of my DR.shooting tryed to sniper something out, nothing happend.

I Moved forward, DR behind a forrest to block his knigths, Covering the most, Shades out of the forrest. left harpies behind left forrest to fly over next turn and may attack his Guncanon in the third.
Casting take one W at the BSB (Metall 1) and stoped one Guntroop to shoot (Dark 1).
Shooting killed 4! of his right knights (singleshot) to the flank, they flee, stopped 1" before the line... left RBT on his guncaonon wound 3 times the crew, 1 death (dam)

He than attacked my Harpies with his Lector, I flee, he tryed to come into the BG but was 1" to short (puhhhh)
His Knights went forward, Longswords only a little bit.
Magic did nothing the whole game. 6 DD and 2 Scrolls are ok.

I attacked his Lector. CoK went stupid, Hydra went out to fire on some archers. DR behind his Knights. left RxB into the building.
Chillwind on gununit 2 died maybe, Metall 1 on BSB - nothing (I like focus familiar) and Metall 6 on one of his longswords (8 died)
RBT did nothing on his knights, also the RxB.
In HtH i challanged with my Champion, did 1 Wound (nothing saved) and got killed (4 Wounds, the big hammer and 1+ Armoursave). I stood with the assistance of the CoB.

He attacked the left RBT and with 8 helebards the RxB in the building.
Shoouting wasn`t interesting.
In magic i stoped healing of the lector with a scroll (better it is)
HtH i challanged with my Hero, did 2 Wounds, not saves :) So only the Car remains.

The Rest:
Tryed to kill his Gunhill, first try, my harpies died (only 1 aim is toooooo less for a gunhill). His rifelcaonon killd 4 of my CoK (was the Rest) Secound try, DR + 5 new Harpies (Guncanon had BS 1 because of Dark 3) killed everything (both canons and 2 units of guns).
I killed the car in his turn, attacked 1 unit of greatswords in mine. lost 4 BG, killd 20+ Longswords and his BSB (blessing of the cauldorn made 15 BG attackes with hate and S4 and 4 for may hero with S5)

I nearly cleaned up everything
He remains with 1 caster and 1/2 Longsswords, 1 Knight. (~400 Points remaining) and more quartes, General, more Std. BSB. => ~2000 VP
I lost half supreem, both RxB, 1 Harpies, CoK, 1 RBT. => ~700 VP
Massacer!

This weekend I will play a small turnament, only changing BSB to the Master and General to Hag. Or not? don`t know :) suggestions?
Grandmaster ej
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Grandmaster ej »

I recomend changing the master to a BSB, makes him good as a lone hunter, very reliable, by personal preference Id also give HIM the soulrender but by saying this im opening a whole new kettle of fish as 50% of DE players prefer him to have the render and 50% prefer the SoM, each has its merrits and neither is wrong.

To summarise, make the master a BSB, make the hag your general and DONT FORGET THAT HER CREW CAN CHALLANGE.
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the possability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.