Twin Sorceress Armies (two 1.5k lists)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Twin Sorceress Armies (two 1.5k lists)

Post by Minigrift »

Hi guys :)

Not got a lot of recent Warhammer experience due to being busy with work, fortunately I was sacked last week so got plenty of time for a few games at my local GW over the next few weeks!

I like the idea of a magic heavy offensive list, both with magic and taking the fight to the enemy. Basically I would much appreciate some general advice and some pointers, maybe some suggestions on how to make my army work. My main concern with the first list is that nothing is really 'expendable' except the harpies which will probably be used to shield either the WE or the CoK. The assassin will go with the Corsairs and head straight up the centre of the table. The setup of the two Sorceresses looks good on paper to me, not sure about them game-wise though. The role of the DR's should be obvious. The WE and CoK will go the flanks and hopefully get the charge...

level 2 Sorceress - Seal of Ghrond, Power Stone (185)
level 2 Sorceress - Darkstar Cloak, Power Stone (180)
Assassin - Additional Hand Weapon, Touch of Death, Rune of Khaine, Black Lotus (171)

18 Corsairs - S&M, Sea Serpent Standard (220)
5 Dark Riders - Repeater Crossbows (110)
5 Dark Riders - Repeater Crossbows (110)
8 Harpies (88)

6 Shades - Great Weapons (108)
6 Cold One Knights - Standard (178)
14 With Elves - Standard (150)

Just for the hell of it I wrote a second list with a similar goal in mind. The two units of Warriors would protect the sorceresses and hang back with the boltthowers while everything else charges into combat, with the two WE on the flanks. Don't know if 'offensive infantry' lists work, never had an oppurtunity to find out. There are a lot more models here than in the first list, so should hopefully be able to take some punishment and still deal it out in return.

Level 2 Sorceress - Seal of Ghrond, Power Stone (185)
Level 2 Sorceress - Darkstar Cloak, Power Stone (180)

18 Corsairs - S&M, Sea Serpent Standard (220)
15 Warriors - FC (120)
14 Warriors - FC (113)
5 Dark Riders - Repeater Crossbows, musician (117)
5 Dark Riders - Repeater Crossbows, musician (117)

6 Shades - Great Weapons (108)
7 Witch Elves (70)
7 Witch Elves (70)

2 Reaper Bolthrowers (200)

The second list was more a whim than anything else, lol. I would definately appreciate some comments on either list though, especially before the games I have planned later this week. Would love to include some BG or a Hydra in either list, but don't have any of either unfortunately.

I don't think either list is perfect, but they do have potential.

Cheers guys ^_^
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold