Ard Boyz 3k Morathi

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Evolvingeye
Slave (off the Altar)

Ard Boyz 3k Morathi

Post by Evolvingeye »

I used this list in a some practice games today, worked very well so far. Any comments and suggestions welcome.

Morathi
Darksword
Sacrificial Dagger

36x Warriors
FC, Spears, Shields
Lichebone Pennant

Dreadlord
Shield, Cloak, Cold One
Whip of Agony
Armor of Eternal Servitude
Dragonbane Gem

10x Cold One Knights
FC, Banner of Hag Graef

Death Hag
BSB, Cauldron of Blood

18x Blackguard
FC, Kouran
Banner of Murder

20x Repeater Xbowmen
Muso, Std, Shields

20x Rpeater xbowmen
Muso, Std, Shields

5x Harpies

War Hydra
War Hydra
War Hydra

---2993 points---
Persuader
Executioner

Post by Persuader »

Don't think Morathi can join units. So the dagger is not really an option. Focus familiar is.
Evolvingeye
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Evolvingeye »

A Dark Peg is a Monstrous Beast unit type, so she is a Monstrous Cavalry type, able to still join other units, not a character riding a Monster, which can't join units.

-at least that is how everyone in my gaming club interpreted that part of the rules. pg 98 there are rules for fitting in a character on a mount with a different sized base into an infantry unit.

Anyone know for certain? Would have to write a new list if she can't.
§
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by § »

As far as I know evolvingeye has it right. A character on a peggy can join a unit but has it harder to make use of the "look out ma'am"-rule. I'm a little little unsure about "look out sir" thou.
Evolvingeye
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Evolvingeye »

Ok, I hope so, this set up is amazingly fun lol. She can usually cast all of her spells every turn, and most of the time on just 1 die.

Last game I ran this was against Lizards, I went 2nd. By the end of my first magic phase I had killed his char and stegadon with the engine of the gods and put a wound on his BSB.
Persuader
Executioner

Post by Persuader »

Hmmmm then I was cheated last game.... (my opponent normally knows more about the rules then I do but since I played more games in this ed. i had it right all along. i wanted to deploy her with a unit RXB's but he told me I couldn't)

And idd units of a difference size have a modified 'look out sir' roll.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Under 7th Ed. Rules Morathi could not join any units at all, so I suspect your opponent just had rules-hangover. I doubt he intentionally cheated.

That being said, I'm not a big fan of Morathi because she can only take Dark magic. I am liking other lores better these days.

Also, if you are deploying Morathi in a unit with the Sacrificial Dagger, it is more cost effective to a regular high sorceress on foot. No reason to pay a premium for Morathi's pegasus and offensive abilities if she is just going to hang back.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

A Peggy sorc can join units.
She will not benefit from any look out, Ma'am.
But if the unit is shot with BS shooting, the owner of that unit allocates the shots. She will be hit by the 37th arrow (and the 74th).
Plus, her magic resistance benefits the whole unit.

Morathi has several advantages over a high sorc:
- knowing ALL dark lore spell
- +5 to cast instead of +4.

It is true that for her cost, one could get a level 4 AND a level 2, getting all spells as well.

Your reports on how Morathi and Kouran fare should be interesting.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Evolvingeye
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Evolvingeye »

My original lists contained a lvl 4 and 2 at first, but I get so many more spells off with her thanks to the +5 to cast and the low cost of dark spells, and with a much reduced chance to miscast thanks to only having to use minimum power dice. My opponents also tend to focus on her unit with magic, so with a 2+ ward against magic the unit becomes a sort of magic tank, absorbing a lot of my opponents offensive magic.

I had a lvl 2 with shadow in an earlier version, but it's just felt more useful to have those points in other units since Morathi can blow through pd alone.

I also like still having her on a peg, it lets her leave the unit and get to really advantageous positions.

Going to get in 2 more practice games before Sunday, I'll report the results.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

evolvingeye wrote: My opponents also tend to focus on her unit with magic, so with a 2+ ward against magic the unit becomes a sort of magic tank, absorbing a lot of my opponents offensive magic.

One thing to note is that only Morathi's MR 2 extends to the unit, not her base 4+ ward save. So while Morathi herself has a 2+ save versus magic, her unit has a 5+ ward against magic.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Evolvingeye
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Evolvingeye »

Sorry, the 2+ comes from me giving them the ward buff from the cauldron, I forgot to explain that part.