Blaznak's 3000 pt 'ard Boyz list. Please take a look...

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Blaznak
Beastmaster

Blaznak's 3000 pt 'ard Boyz list. Please take a look...

Post by Blaznak »

Hello - here is my army list for 'ard Boyz. I'm looking to have fun and I think this list will be fun. I have a few extra bits and bobs to tweak the list, but I can't do a complete rewrite. i.e. if I had executioners, I'd have tossed them in, for example.

Core:
6 Harpies
10 Dark Riders with Crossbows and Full Command
16 Warriors with spear/sheild/full command
30 crossbows with full command
20 Corsairs with full command and [color=red]Sea Serpent Banner

Assassin[/color]

Special
10 Witch Elves, full command, [color=red]Banner of Murder
11 Witch Elves, hag only
5 Cold One Knights, Full Command, Ring of Hotek
6 Cold One Knights, Full Command, Gleaming Standard, Caledors Bane
[/color]

Rare
Hydra
Hydra
Reaper

Lords, Heroes
Level Four Sorceress with [color=red]Pendant of Khaeleth, Focus Familiar
Level Two Sorceress with Guiding Eye, Ironcurse Icon (She goes in the Crossbow unit)
Hag with Cauldron of Blood, Battle Standard, Rune of Khaine
[/color]

It comes in at 2997 points. For 5 points, I like the Level 2 sorceress in the mob with a 6+ Ward v. War machines.

I could put the level 4 on a pegasus, but then I have to drop other things.

What lore to take?

HELP! (Grin)

~B~
Nakor
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nakor »

Well, I haven't read the 'ard Boyz rules or w/e but:

Whats up with that Assassin? It's naked? I'd move the Rune of Khaine from your Hag BSB to it (Hag shouldn't be getting much, if any, action anyway) and drop Caledor's Bane or the musicians/champion(s) from your CoKs to get him an additional HW and Manbane (my favourite). That will give him a nice 5 (+1 from AHW, +1 from frenzy banner) +d3 ASF attacks that will almost always be wounding on 3s.

As for magic lores - I would probably take Shadow on your level 4 (nearly all the spells are useful, especially the toughness reduction/Mindrazor spells to make WE/RXBs/Corsairs/... infinitely better). For the level 2, I'd be looking at Dark magic or maybe Death - depends what you want her to do (i.e. Death for character sniping, otherwise probably Dark due to its goodness and low casting values).

Otherwise - I would be trying to have larger core blocks (an extra rank for the Corsairs and another two ranks for the spearmen would be ideal). I'd also consider dropping a unit of CoKs or just merging them into a unit of 10 (to deny ranks).

Again, yeah, I don't really know anything about 'ard Boyz so these might be useless observations.

Good luck.
Dezdanova767
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dezdanova767 »

I personally use shadow on my level 4 and metal on my level two( with tome so she knows a third spell). Caledors bane is 35 not 25 so the unit champ can't take it. Single reaper is useless IMO. And if your gonna take a gift on your death hag, manbane is so much better IMO
Blaznak
Beastmaster

Post by Blaznak »

Thanks for the thoughts - But would you rather have 100 points of Reaper or 100 points of magic at this point?