2200pts Dark Elves for tournament

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tomcowlin
Executioner

2200pts Dark Elves for tournament

Post by Tomcowlin »

Hi

Got a list here that needs a little fine tuning. Comp for the tourney is as follows: no triple special or double rare, no power scroll, 12 dice max used in magic phase, 4 warmachines, 4 chariots. And specifically for Dark Elves: only two of the following magic items can be taken: Pendant, Lifetaker and Sac Dagger. The tourney will use a 20-0 scoring system, with random scenarios with the exception of watchtower which isn't used. In the blood and glory scenario, the game doesnt end immediately, but carries on until the end of the turn; also whoever wins the blood and glory scenario gets a 20-0 win, then points are taken from the victor and given to the loser based on the number of banners they took.

Right, here goes:

Supreme Sorcerss, Lvl 4, Pendant, Focus Familiar, Dark Magic 320

Sorceress, Dispel Scroll, Metal Magic 125
Master, Lance, Heavy Armour, Shield, Cloak of Hag Graef, Dawnstone, Dark Pegasus 190
Death Hag, Cauldron, BSB 225

25 Warriors, Shields, Command, Standard of Discipline 205
25 Warriors, Shields, Command 190
10 Crossbowmen, Musician 105
10 Crossbowmen, Musician 105

8 Shades, AHW 136
8 Shades, AHW 136
12 Black Guard, Command, Banner of Eternal Flame 201
7 Witch Elves, Champion, Musician 85

Hydra 175

Total: 2198

Overall, I'd like the list to be balanced, able to hit out in all phases. The Sorceress with metal is really there for a useful POD and scroll, but up against a steam tank or big unit of knights I'm sure I could find some other use :D The Peg master there to hunt down war machines or small missile units.

Some issues I'm having though:
    Need more banners for the blood and glory scenario- they'd fit onto the crossbows easily enough, but I think those units would go down too easily, plus it decreases their use as occasional throwaways.

Command options for the Witch Elves? The champion is there for big creatures which I can then hold in combat for a turn, but is the musician really necessary?

Are the black guard too expensive for 12 guys? I was playing against skaven not too long ago and they would have ruined his hell pit (but also this unit will be useful against a lot of other things).

Shades too big? they put out a lot of shots, are very manoeuvrable, and I'm constrained from 3 units of 5. Ideas?

I'm going to be updating this thread with my practice games, how they went and what I thought should stay/leave. All suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks folks :)

Tom Out!
Member of The Channel 4 News Team - We're kind of big deals

Follow me on Twitter @tomcowlin
Tomcowlin
Executioner

Post by Tomcowlin »

Had a practice game with the list yesterday against Brets. Lost unfortunately. My turn 6 I chased a unit of knights off the table with my peg master. This opened his flank to 4 yeoman cav. the yeomen charged and we both did a wound to each other, the master fled and was caught. That put the game about 150pts in his favour. Even though on averages it shouldn't have happened, it exposed some problems with my list. In essence, no throwaway redirectors, so basically, no harpies! I think I'll try scaling back the shades and grabbing a unit of them, maybe taking the core back a little too and getting two units. Also I need to think more about these game winning charges. I should have secured my peg master by fleeing, even though it would have been through an enemy unit (a failed dangerous test wouldn't have killed him). If the yeomen had continued on the same line it would have hit the rear of my hydra, which should have killed them or if I was too skittish could have fled in the same direction as the peg. Oh well :S

Updated list coming soon, won't be able to play any more games over Christmas because of work. But back to gaming, and hopefully some wins, in the new year!
Member of The Channel 4 News Team - We're kind of big deals

Follow me on Twitter @tomcowlin