2400 armylist, need some pointers (new player)

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Assani
Highborn

2400 armylist, need some pointers (new player)

Post by Assani »

Hey!

This is my newest 2400 list. Tried some different ones, but never this

Lvl 4 sorc - dagger - shadow
30 spearmen w/full com and shield

Master on DP - heavy armour, sea d cloak, pendant, soulrender

CoB - BsB, Dark Venom

20 BG w/full com and Kouran

28 WE w/full com - Banner of Murder

Hydra

2x10 Rxb w/mus, guradmaster and shield

1x12 Rxb w/ mus and shield

5 CoK w/mus and Standard of Discipline

8 Harpies

Total 2374 (Taken away Ring of Hotek 25)

I will remove Kouran cause his a char, and I have taken away Hotek. Should I take Hotek, and where should i put it if i take it. And what should I use the points for Kouran

Hope for some tips and tweeks (got models to replace)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hey, welcome to the site :)

Here's some suggestions for you.

Put the Banner of Discipline with your Warriors. This will give your general Ld10 - always handy! I would also suggest the IronCurse Icon for your SS and some kind of ward save might be handy for her, even if it's only the Opal Amulet.

Lose Dark Venom on the CoB - it's not needed and is a waste of points. Same for the Guardmasters in your crossbow units.

You could bump up your bigger crossbow unit and give it a standard, this could then be a combat unit as well. Alternatively, you could go for two bigger units of 16+ crossbowmen and give them both standards and have two combat units.

You could give the CoK the Banner of Eternal Flame, they could then go monster hunting.

Two units of 5 Harpies is always better than a single bigger unit. I quite often run 2 units of 5 even in much smaller games.

If you want to use the Ring then I'd probably stick it on your CoK champion since he'll be mobile enough to go somewhere with it. The BG champion is also an option, but mine usually dies in the first round of most combats.

There you are, some suggestion for you, sir :)
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Tnx for tips, always nice for a nuby to get some pointers :shock:

Will the liste be god enough, or should i reedo it?

I also would like some shades there, is it worth dumping some WE to get 5 or 6 shades?
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Your list is solid - just with a few tweaks it could be made into some kind of awesomeness!

You could reconsider your crossbow units and use the points from dropping Kouran for a unit of 5 or 6 shades. Your army doesn't really need them, but they are fun to use. I usually take at least one unit of them.
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold