2500 List with Dragon

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Datalink7
Noble

2500 List with Dragon

Post by Datalink7 »

Greetings all,

I've already started to make purchases to get back to Dark Elves after finishing painting my Ogres. Came up with a different list with a Dragon for fun. I've never used a dragon in any games, or even played against one (no one around here plays one). Is it any good?

2500 Pts - Dark Elves Roster

Lords

Dreadlord, 567 pts (General)
. . Black Dragon
. . Heavy Armour
. . Sea Dragon Cloak
. . Soulrender
. . Dragonhelm
. . Pendant of Khaeleth
. . Crown of Command

Heros

Sorceress, 180 pts
. . Level 2 Upgrade
. . Tome of Furion
. . Seal of Ghrond

Death Hag (Battle Standard Bearer), 225 pts
. . Cauldron of Blood

Core

30 Dark Elf Warriors, 235 pts
. . Full Command
. . Shield
. . Banner of Eternal Flame

20 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen, 235 pts
. . Musician; Standard
. . Shield

5 Dark Riders, 92 pts
. . Musician

5 Dark Riders, 92 pts
. . Musician

Special

21 Witch Elves of Khaine, 285 pts
. . Full Command
. . Hag with Manbane
. . Banner of Murder

12 Cold One Knights, 414 pts
. . Full Command
. . Dread Knight with The Other Trickster's Shard
. . Banner of Hag Graef

Rare

War Hydra, 175 pts

Total Roster Cost: 2500
Ashes and Diamons,
Foe and Friend,
We are all equal,
In the End.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hey,

Your army looks pretty solid to me, no glaring flaws, nice mix of everything.

The only thing I could suggest is dropping some of the extras on your Witches and Knight's and spending the points elsewhere, maybe on some harpies or shades, and some shooting from your Dark Riders.

But your army looks solid, so probably no need!

Hope that helps!
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Kaernek
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kaernek »

What role do you see your Dark Riders in, what with the lack of RXBs? A unit of 5 can't break ranks anymore, and they aren't gauranteed to slow anyone down? I would certainly find the points to outfit the with RXBs so they can at least harry the enemy and thin them out a bit before they get to your effectively naked Witch Elves.
"Kill the enemy, by all means. But if there's a choice between killing his body and killing his spirit, always choose the latter." - Kaernek, Lord of the 'Nemesis'
Datalink7
Noble

Post by Datalink7 »

MiniGrift wrote:Hey,

Your army looks pretty solid to me, no glaring flaws, nice mix of everything.

The only thing I could suggest is dropping some of the extras on your Witches and Knight's and spending the points elsewhere, maybe on some harpies or shades, and some shooting from your Dark Riders.

But your army looks solid, so probably no need!

Hope that helps!

Hmm... if I dropped Manbane, Flaming Banner, and OTS, I could get RXB on both of the Dark Riders. I wasn't actually sure how useful that would be though as I intended them to either run interference (and hence be marching a lot) or hunt warmachine (and then be in combat). I could alternatively get 5 Harpies which would also be interesting.

Something to think about anyway. Thanks for the comments.

Kaernek wrote:What role do you see your Dark Riders in, what with the lack of RXBs? A unit of 5 can't break ranks anymore, and they aren't gauranteed to slow anyone down? I would certainly find the points to outfit the with RXBs so they can at least harry the enemy and thin them out a bit before they get to your effectively naked Witch Elves.

Back in 7th before I took a 3 year break from warhammer I used a Dark Elf list with 3 groups of 5 Dark Riders with only Musician. It was a very successful list. The Dark Riders were simply used to March Block, and redirect charges. That was what I intended to use them as. Put them in places where they are in the way but if they get charges they can flee and then reform. I always thought RXB were an expensive investment for a unit that was essentially a throw away/harassment unit.

Also, because of fast movement, they can hunt war machines.
Ashes and Diamons,
Foe and Friend,
We are all equal,
In the End.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I figured you were using your DR as warmachine hunters because, without them, your army lacks units for this entirely, except maybe the dragon but you'll want that for more important stuff, no doubt.

However, I am not sure that 2 units will be enough, a unit of Harpies would be a good investment for you. I often field two units of these crazy nude flying birds even in much smaller games than what you'll be playing.

It's something to consider, at least !!
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold