2000P Lots of Atk´s list.

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Greggs
Slave on the Altar

2000P Lots of Atk´s list.

Post by Greggs »

Hi guys, first post on this forum, gonna post a list imma use tomorrow at a social game, but might keep using if it goes well.

Been thinking of maximizing my Atk´s of the army the most and this is what i came to think of. Please bring some critics to it since i guess you guys are more experienced then i am.

Lord: 246

Dread lord: 246
General

Dread Lord: 140
Fencres blades:35
SDC:6
Blood Armour: 15
Pot of strength: 30
Null talisman: 15

Heroes: 367

Cauldron of blood:225

Death hag: 90
Caldron: 110
RUne of Khaine: 24

Master: 142

Master: 80
BSB 25
Banner of Hag Graef: 35
Heavy Armour: 4
SDC: 4
ADHW: 4

Core: 590

Warriors: 296

Warriors 38 st
Warriors: 7x38 266
Full comand: 15
Licheborn pennant: 15

Corsairs: 350

Corsairs 30 st
Corsairs: 10x30 300
Full comand: 25
Sea serpents standard: 25

Speciall: 365

Witch Elfs: 365

Witch Elfs 30 st
WitchElfs: 10x30 300
Fullcomand: 25
Banner of Cold blood: 15
Cry of War: 10
Hand of Khaine: 15

Rare: 375

Hydra: 175

2X Bolt throwers: 200
For Naggarond! For Malekith our ruler!
Redz
Trainee Warrior

Post by Redz »

Remove the points cost for items as it is a forum offence...

Don't get the point in all the dreadlords and masters?

I assume the general goes with the corsairs the master goes with the warriors? IMO this list at this points level blows. Not using dark elf strengths (best shooting core in game, magic is your best friend, lords without purpose are pointless)

Ok analysis

Your master BSB will die quick and die hard, protect him he is worth his weight in gold

Cauldron does not need rune since you don't want it to get in to a fight, swap it for a BSB drop the master take sorceress.

Licheborne pennant is pointless on warriors magic res blah save points warrior's are not gonna set the world on fire in combat.

Witches are ace but they dont need banner while they are frenzy, take banner of murder -1 to save is better. Hag / gifts are meh

Units with fighty lords/heroes don't need champs since they won't really be turning down challenges

Bolt throwers are to expensive for what they do look at shades instead.
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Hy

I am kinda new myself, but I can try to give u some pointers

1 dread is enough, and put him on DP with full mundane, pendant and whip

Discard ur master, and make ur cauldron bsb, no magic items

Lvl 4 sorc in warriors with dagger and a +5/6 ward

Take banner of discipline on warr, and it's ok to have full com if u put ur sorc there

Take RxB instead of RBT with mus (2x10)

WE should have banner of murder or the flame banner, drop the mag items

I would leave out the heroes in WE and corsairs to save some points

Shades and/or harpies will do great, i never leave home without them:)

If u reduce ur WE and corsairs to 21 (3x7), u may fit some BG - they always perform great. If u do, give them banner of murder

Hope this was to some help, and that u can use some:)

(remember to remove point cost for items, only publish total of unit cost)

God luck!

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

I gave u a bit of wrong tip there. U don't have the points for both dread w that gear and a lvl 4 with her gear:(

I think u got it if u use dark steed instead of DP, and only take dagger on ur sorc

But u can also go for a lvl 2 sorc w tome of furion and keep ur DP dread, or keep ur lvl 4 as is and take a master on DP

Sorry to confuse u:(

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

Remove the per item costs, the MoDs don't likey it. If you want to go take Fencer's Blade take Glittering Scales as well and the Pendant of Khaleth. Your opponent hhits you on 6's in close combat.
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis
Character kill count -182

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
Aveleys
Cold One Knight

Post by Aveleys »

You definatly need to get some harpies and/or shades into this list since otherwise warmachines are going to take a really heavy toll on your army to the point where if you make it into combat your fighting strengh may be to badly reduced to be effective. Easy points to drop are the reaper bolt throwers since you can drop them and the hand of khaine and have enough points to put in 2 units of 6 shades with additional hand weapons. Then drop the master and give the cauldron the BSB and it will allow you to put in two units of 5 harpies. Infantry focused dark elves with all the attacks that you have in your list is potent, but you need the ability to ensure that they reach combat and that they do not get bogged down in flank charges, so by having shades and harpies you can redirect and warmachine hunt in order to get the most out of your combat blocks.
Cheers,
-Ave
Greggs
Slave on the Altar

Post by Greggs »

Thanks for all the tips guys, i see that i clearly should have had some harpies/ shades today since i met a HE army with 4 RBT and a lvl 4 mage that made my army stand still and get shot to smiterense... though i only lost with 400P and my oponent just stood behind his RBT´s and waited for me, couldnt do shiz...
And sry for the cost on everything, took it from the document where i wrote it and just copy pasted.
For Naggarond! For Malekith our ruler!
Thetosh
Black Guard

Post by Thetosh »

Got to say, I disagree about RXB being the best core shooting. Thunderers have a better BS, better strength and they're -2 to armour saves, instead of -1.

I do agree though, you really need some nice magic in there!
Redz
Trainee Warrior

Post by Redz »

@thetosh we must have different army books thunderers only have a BS of 3 not 4 like rxb no multi shot and both have AP so forr 4 extra points u get +1 to hit but since they are only BS 3 its not better. RxB is the best shooting core in the game no doubt x
Purehybrid
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Purehybrid »

Redz wrote:@thetosh we must have different army books thunderers only have a BS of 3 not 4 like rxb no multi shot and both have AP so forr 4 extra points u get +1 to hit but since they are only BS 3 its not better. RxB is the best shooting core in the game no doubt x

You're right our higher BS balances out their +1 to hit, but Multishot is only an advantage when you're still hitting on 5s or less.

eg:
20 shots, single shot at 4s = 10.0 hits
40 shots, multishot at 5s = 13.33 hits

20 shots, single shot at 5's =6.66 hits
40 shots, multishot at 6's =6.66 hits
...it gets worse from there.

Additionally, thunderers guns have strength 4 + AP, rxb's are s3 + AP... so while you're wounding them on 5s (s3 v t4), they're wounding you on 3s (s4 v t3).
Redz
Trainee Warrior

Post by Redz »

It is true that the -1 to hit for using the multi shot hurts and the poor strength, but to be able to move and shoot and for 4 points a model less I think rxb have the edge. Don't get me wrong I have a sizable dwarf throng which thunderers are my preference of missile troops they are in the top 3 core missile troop imo. But for pure price and efficiency I think RxB are the best.

Sorry for the mini hijacking.