2400pts Cold one army

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Samusin
Executioner
Location: see that shadow behind you?? thats where I'm hidden...

2400pts Cold one army

Post by Samusin »

well its my first time posting a army here so don't blame me if its not that spectaculair xD

Lords:
Supreme Sorceress; Dark Pegasus, Pendant of Khalet

well this is my general... I'm still not certain what lore I should give her, maybe Darkness...soul stealer for example would make her realy hard to kill, and while on pegasus, she can move easy to get good shots... but I would like to play fire too... but that would make it some more risky, less dice (oh I luv the extra dice) and not that save in case she gets somehow cornered... *sights* what you think I should do??

Heroes:

Malus Darkblade

well ofc he's here, I hate stupid cold ones :P even with their ld... its still risky and can f*ck you badly, so he's there cuz he's not just a dumb brute xD

Master; bsb, Cold One Chariot, Deathpiercer, Armour of Darkness

My bsb... he's there to have my stupid chariots reroll their stupidity... and to give him some use in combat, he just gets 1+ AS thats quite cheap gotten I think^^ and deathpiercer for some extra boom...

20 crossbowmen; full command

well, the crossbowmen are just impressive, 20 crossbowmen, in 10x2 formation makes 40 shots... enough to shoot down quite much^^

10 Dark riders; full command, Crossbows

fast, vanguarding, nice-shooting, agile and not that weak, I realy like them^^ they are here to clear small fry that bloks the path ^^

10 Dark Riders; full command, Crossbows

same^^

5 Harpies

5 harpies

these 2 units are for the sole purpose to redirect... getting my hitters across in-the-way enemys or just saving my crossbows etc

2 Cold One Chariot

they are together with my bsb (if possible in front of a horde to grind them down xD)

11 Cold One Knights; full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame

this is where malus comes in ;) they are some badass fighting mashines... with the flaming attacks its a heavy hitter on those nasty nurgle, undead, monsters etc

War Hydra

well ofc this part can't be missed, my honorable strong and mighty (a bit slow if you ask me) devastating hydra^^, with a clear use, slay the strong but stay alive

--------------------

got 2395 points left if I calculated right... could give my master a sea serpent cloak, but that would be useless cuz he got a non-changable 1+ AS, okay, that could be stolen or destroyed... but thats not the case verry often ;)

I must say I played this with fire-lore against Khmeri, and it did great job, burning them all down lol, against deamons of chaos (nurgle) I played darkness lore... my mage survived, but none of my models could harm the 4+poison, 5+regen etc 40 nurglebiches and the great unclean one... the only who was to survive was my sorc...

mabe some tips to slay even them with this??

MVG
Samusin
God of Balance
Lordfalco
Corsair

Post by Lordfalco »

Why Malus, I preffer stupidity with dreadlord as general above losing itp. (no stupidity is also no itp:( )
Next to that the good thing of chariots is how they can act independent and still get nice flank charges:) (in my eyes atleast)
Meneth Blackfire (Warrior) - Group 39
Skills: Riding
Equipment: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Buckler.
Stats: WS3 S4 T5 D4 I2
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

I think I'd go for something else than chariots in this list. They are much better as defensive support for less mobile lists... more to the point a counterattack unit for shooty lists imo.

Second off, flaming banner on the knight unit means that one hero with dragonbane gem or the dragon helmet might hold and even take down the unit over several rounds. Leave it somewhere else and take the ASF banner, movement banner or banner of murder instead.

Other than that, I'd consider the sorceress to be with the crossbowmen and have the Guiding Eye on her. Having her as a shadow sorceress, you can do tons of damage... oh, and CoB will help a lot too as you can get +1 attack on the CoKs.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Drop Malus and give your cold one knight unit the gleaming pennant. It costs 270 less points and works almost as well at mitigating risks of stupidity. Alternatively give them the standard of discipline or keep them near the Bsb.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Samusin
Executioner

Post by Samusin »

hmm I'll consider it, ty... I'll remodel it, test it and show you the result :D
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD
Samusin
Executioner

Post by Samusin »

damn, still got no time to try anything.. I'll have to calculate it with dry material then lol
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD