2000 Point Shooting and Monsters

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Yeasir
Shade

2000 Point Shooting and Monsters

Post by Yeasir »

I tried a varient of this list today against our weaker brethern and it perfermed amazingly. I honestly never gave RxBs a real chance until today and now I love 'em. Let me know what you think as I think I am going to bring this to a 2000 point tourney at my local shop next weekend.

Lords

Supreme Sorceress- Level 4 Shadow magic, lifetaker, guiding eye, sac dagger

Heroes

Noble- Beastmaster's Scourge, Dawnstone, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak; Manticore

Core

17x RxBs- Musician
17x RxBs- Musician
17x RxBs- Musician

Special

20x Blackguard- Full Command, Banner of Murder
5x Shades- Great Weapon
5x Shades- Great Weapon

Rare

1x Hydra
1x Hydra

The goal of this list is to utilize shooting and breath weapons to pear down my opponents so that a good charge from either the monsters or the Black Guard can finish them off. In my game today, my opponent scooped before any significant combat had taken place. Against High Elves I feel this is great strategy as we have no unit that can stand up to them in close combat, but I'm not sure about using this as an all-comers list.

What do you think?
The warchief
Cold One Knight

Post by The warchief »

Can you get the Black Dragon Egg in there somewhere for an extra Breath Weapon? Maybe drop the Manti for a pair of peg masters? Or 1 peg master and an extra sorceress? Or put all of your characters on pegs? (the Supreme Sorceress can still sit in the xbows to use dagger and guiding eye but you'd probably need a ward protection to avoid being sniper shots. She would also be able to use the Shadow attribute to good effect.)

Guiding Eye is great, especially if you get Wither off and save its use to coincide with that round of shooting. To make best use of the Eye though I would have it in a larger unit. I would consider using 2 x 12 (with muso only) as support fire and 1 x 24 with full command and shields as the unit containing the Eye (or bigger if you think you have the board space to go that wide?)? The big unit can also swift reform and double up as a back up combat unit if needed, and the champ will protect the sorceress from challenges. In fact if you upped it to a unit of 30+ you could even go horde...!

Also I think you could do with some harpies to redirect and set up your favourable charges. They would also fit your theme quite nicely.
@the_warchief
Cheltenham Warchiefs