500 p list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Norse_malekith
Warrior

500 p list

Post by Norse_malekith »

So, my local club is doing at 500 p mini-tournament. Most races will be present.

What kind of DE builds would be good at this small size?

I am thinking level 1 with dark and tome for extra spell with 12 x-bowmen, and 18 black guards with muso could work, shooting and magic are important i small games, and black guards should do well also I think, with small risks to meet large, steadfast units

Cheers,
Sedge
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sedge »

The rules require at least 3 units in addition to whatever Lords/Heroes you have, so unless that's been waived by your club for 500-points games, you'll need another unit.
Norse_malekith
Warrior

Post by Norse_malekith »

You are of course right.

Then I think 18 spearmen with shields and FC with level 1 dark with extra spell + 3 x 5 shades could work well

Any suggestions on other builds?
Sam16
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sam16 »

Is the club sticking by the percentage rules?
Norse_malekith
Warrior

Post by Norse_malekith »

Yes, we follow all the rules in the rulebook.

Played 2 training games yesterday, first against chaos dwarves with the list above. Then against ogres with a smal change: 2 x 7 shades with add. wpns + gleaming pennant on the spearmen instead of 3 x 5 shades.

Lost both games with small margin....
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I'd be tempted to take a unit of RxBs with musician (or nothing), Shades, CoC with RxB, Sorc. I just don't see those spearmen deliver enough to such a small game. The chariot would work at this size of game I think.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze