Revamped 2500 pt list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Executioner_of_khaine
Warrior

Revamped 2500 pt list

Post by Executioner_of_khaine »

Looking for a tournament worthy list. I purposely left out the Hydra, although he is painted and also is awesome for his points( may make a comeback for those reasons too). I want a in your face army list and as I haven't had much luck with Calvary this edition you will notice a lot of foot slogging going on, although moving 10" ain't too shabby.

New/relocated items
Supreme Sorceress- lvl 4, Shadow, lifetaker, Sacrificial Dagger, Pendant of Khaeleth (Most likely will reside in Spearmen unit)
Sorceress- lvl 2, Shadow, dispel scroll, ruby ring of ruin(in large xbow unit)
Death Hag- ABSB, Banner of Hag Graef( with Executioners)
Death Hag- Cauldron of Blood

Harpies- X5
Xbows- X10, musician
Xbows- X18, full command, Shields
Warriors- X40, full command, Banner of Discipline, Shields
Shades- X5, xhw
Shades- X5, xhw
Black guard- X20, full command, Banner of Murder, Ring of Hotek
Executioners- X31, full command, Banner of Eternal Flame

I went with 2 shadow mages for 2 Miasma spell and 2 shots at Smoke and Mirrors to help protect the lvl 4. Also I am all but assured of having Mindrazor and Pit of shades.
Lifetaker, ruby ring, shades and 2 units of xbows for the pesky chaff

What do ya think?
What tournament strong armies or units would this be weak against?
What would help vs those weaknesses?

Thanks
Last edited by Executioner_of_khaine on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

At the risk of :badh:

Do you have any Witch Elves? :burns:

I think it would be worth playtesting how they run in place of the BG.

Either way, have fun and :killed: many many "High" Elves :twisted:
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Executioner_of_khaine
Warrior

I am hoping new model will someday come around. I do want to use em, just dont like the models at all.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

It's a bit low on fast troops for warmachine hunting. Try fitting in another unit of harpies, shades, dark riders or pegasus master in there.

Consider putting the standard of discipline in with the warriors (the SS as general then gets a leadership 10 12" bubble - very nice) and then putting the banner of eternal flame in with the execs (really awesome for cutting through trolls, chaos trolls and other regen toughies...).

Ring of darkness is not an optimum choice on the supreme sorceress. Your spearmen are unlikely to be arrow magnets (given that you have much more tempting targets on the board in the form of your execs and blackguard), and even if they are then that is a good thing (7 points per model is a lot cheaper to lose than 12 or 13 points per model). It won't help her much in close combat either (halving the weapon skill of a killy lord of doom isn't going to stop a T3, 3 wound model with no armour save from dying very quickly). Give her the pendant of khaine or the 4+ ward save talisman instead. Same goes for the ironcurse icon - you want your opponents to be focusing their warmachines on your warriors rather than your more expensive elite troops, so why make them a less tempting target?

Do you really need the ruby ring? With a level 4 and level 2 you are already going to be low on power dice, even with the dagger and power of darkness. Consider dropping it for something more useful.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Executioner_of_khaine
Warrior

Thanks Red, your advice sounds very reasonable and will be put to use this weekend.

The ruby ring was more for backup than actual every turn use. I noticed i didnt have much in the way of ranged magical attack for ethereal chaff types. Lifetaker...then nothing. Actually I dont have much in the way of magical attacks at all :shock:
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

executioner_of_khaine wrote:I am hoping new model will someday come around. I do want to use em, just dont like the models at all.

"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Executioner_of_khaine
Warrior

OMG! Those are sweet. I cant paint that well but the models are great. Whose models, where can i get????
Samusin
Executioner
Location: see that shadow behind you?? thats where I'm hidden...

Post by Samusin »

http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections ... mand-group

http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections ... od-vestals

the site holds other verry nice models (great ones for harpies are the preying mantis or they have some realy nice manticores)
8th edition Dark Elves w/d/l
2/4/3

still getting started, so don't mind that loses, they where sacrificed for the greater good xD
Executioner_of_khaine
Warrior

Thx guys for the pics and the link. Looking forward to getting some of those in my list finally.

I also edited my original post with some changes that were suggested. I am holding onto the ruby ring for now as I said earlier, I only have a few magical attacks from range.

Thanks again for all the input